- For Home
- For Work
- By industry
- For Home
- For Work
- By industry
- Are you spending too much time and money on server updates? The HP Smart Update solution, consisting of both the HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) and HP Smart Update Manager (HP SUM) products, solves the problem of time-consuming, expensive, and error-prone updates. The SPP is a comprehensive package that includes firmware, drivers, and tools across ProLiant Servers and infrastructure including a broad range of many generations of HP ProLiant BL/DL/ML/SL 100, 300, 500, 700, and 900 series servers.
Updating less often reduces maintenance time and expense.
The SPP is pre-tested for component dependencies, customizable for your environment, and is supported for 1 year. The bottom line is that you spend less time on maintenance and gain operational stability.
With the Smart Update solution, you can update HP ProLiant Servers and BladeSystem infrastructure up to 3X faster and achieve 93% less downtime for online updates. Updating less often reduces maintenance time and expense.
HP SPP is pre-tested for component dependencies, customizable for your environment, and is supported for 1 year. The bottom line is that you spend less time on maintenance and gain operational stability.
With the Smart Update solution, you can update HP ProLiant Servers and BladeSystem infrastructure up to 3X faster and achieve 93% less downtime for online updates.
Breakthrough System Updates To Reduce Downtime and Costs While Improving Uptime
- The HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) provides a consolidated set of solution-tested ProLiant HP system software (firmware, drivers, agents, utilities) available as a single download from an easy to use website. You spend less time on maintenance with resulting confidence in the update’s stability.
- Provides interdependency and solution-tested system software. Because HP does the testing, not you, your IT staff productivity is improved and downtime is reduced.
- Documentation is easy to understand and use, with consistent format and content, including Customer Advisories for each Hot Fix that provides information to aid you in customizing baselines.
- 1 year support period from the time of each release to reduce update churn. See SPP Support Policy Statement on www.hp.com/go/spp/supportpolicy
Simple, Consolidated Tool to Enable a 3x Faster Online Update
- The SPP provides a simplified and consolidated tool that enables a 3x faster online update increase as well as providing ease of server management, and is an integral part of the HP ProLiant Server series experience.
- Updates HP ProLiant Server series and BladeSystem enclosures at the scale of your data center by providing one-click simplicity because firmware and drivers are bundled into a single, HP validated solution. Offered from the web in a single, easy to find location for convenient access.
- Customizable by selecting which components to install including applicable Hot Fixes and Supplements.
- Improves IT staff productivity through shorter qualification cycles, fewer requirements for maintenance windows, and less systems downtime.
- Establish a cadence to update your server with every SPP release, twice per year with the SPP Maintenance Supplement Bundle that releases every April and October, or once a year to fit your maintenance schedule.
Essential Management Tool Designed To Simplify IT Management 7x24x365
- The SPP provides an essential management tool designed to simplify IT management in demanding 7x24x365 environments.
- Simplifies the delivery of HP ProLiant systems software and firmware updates to reduce your maintenance time and expenditures resulting in better total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Leverages the power of HP Smart Update Manager (HP SUM) to allow system software updates and standardization of specific system software and firmware versions on supported HP ProLiant Servers options.
- The bottom line is less time on maintenance and more confidence in the stability of the updates and resulting solutions.
Reliable HP ProLiant Updates And Compatibility with Other HP Management Tools
- The SPP integrates ProLiant server and enclosures systems, software and firmware, as well as reduces configuration and update issues.
- Can be used in conjunction with other HP products: HP Insight Control, including plugins for Microsoft System Center and for VMware vCenter, HP Intelligent Provisioning, HP System Insight Manager, and HP OneView.
- Supports Windows, Linux (Red Hat and SUSE), and VMware operating systems.
- Related links
- Technical Support / Manuals
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.