- For Home
- For Work
- By industry
- For Home
- For Work
- By industry
- Are your storage requirements and demands constantly moving? Can’t keep up with the ups and downs of allocation, capacity and performance across your network?
You need storage that can handle anything you throw at it and you need the storage to keep running while you make these continual changes. HP 3PAR Data Optimization Software Suite lets you react quickly and effectively to changing application and infrastructure needs while your users remain online and productive.
With the Data Optimization Software Suite for HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage you have the freedom to configure, optimize, reconfigure for improved control, efficiency and effectiveness all without disturbing your users or applications. This suite rebalances, redistributes and refreshes storage non-disruptively with features that provide autonomic storage tiering, dynamic data mobility, assured performance for your most mission critical applications, reducing cost and increasing agility in multi-tenant environments.
- Priority Optimization now protects mission critical applications by assigning a minimum goal for I/O per second, bandwidth and latency so performance for a specific tenant or application is assured
- Configure service level objectives on a Virtual Volume Set or between different Virtual Domains
- Granular, single volume level migration now supported with HP 3PAR Peer Motion software
- Non-disruptive migrations for Windows and Red Hat Linux cluster environments
React Quickly to Your Changing Applications and Infrastructure with Dynamic Optimization Features
- HP 3PAR Data Optimization Software Suite non-disruptively adjusts volume service levels with a single click. No scheduling, planning needed, and zero impact to application performance. Each storage volume resides on a single tier, but shifts between tiers throughout its lifecycle.
- The Data Optimization Software Suite seamlessly tunes the RAID level, subsystem failure protection level, drive type, stripe width, or radial placement of volumes to achieve optimized data QoS levels on your HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage.
- The Data Optimization Software Suite accommodates usage spikes and moves data without over provisioning to reduce your storage costs.
Balance Cost and Performance To Meet Service Level Needs and Increase Business Agility
- The Data Optimization Software Suite pairs data at the sub-volume level to the most cost-efficient storage tier capable of delivering the needed service level. Migrate data to less expensive storage tiers without manual intervention.
- The Data Optimization Software Suite allows data movement to be scheduled and resource usage limits and tier definitions to vary by application with a flexible implementation.
- Meet service level targets for less, by applying the fine grain data movement engine to independent regions of a storage volume.
Move Data Online, Non-Disruptively, and On-Demand with HP 3PAR Peer Motion Software
- Load balance data between systems at will. Provides online, non-disruptive, on-demand data mobility between HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage systems. Self-throttled data movement regulates data migration speed to preserve application performance.
- Perform technology refresh seamlessly—Non-disruptively migrates data between HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage and from HP EVA Storage to HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage while the application remains online.
- Removes allocated, but unused storage capacity so the purchased capacity on the destination HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 Storage system can be right-sized for written data.
- Simple, scriptable CLI interface helps orchestrate data migration.
Assure Application Service Levels as Business Needs Dictate with HP 3PAR Priority Optimization
- Protects mission critical applications in the enterprise, enabling certainty and predictability for each application and tenant.
- Sets minimum performance goals and threshold limits including I/O per second, bandwidth, and latency to meet business needs. Configure quality of service with mission critical apps as "high" and others as "medium" or "low" priority.
- Assigns performance caps on workloads with lower service level requirements, ensuring high priority applications can get all the resources they need to meet service levels.
- Enables certainty and predictability for all applications and tenants by monitoring and measuring service level objectives.
- Supported hardware environment:
- HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage
- Supported software environment:
- HP 3PAR Operating System
- HP warrants only that the software media will be free of physical defects for a period of ninety (90) days from delivery. For more information about HP’s Global Limited Warranty and Technical Support, visit: http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/warranty.html.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.