- For Home
- For Work
- By industry
- For Home
- For Work
- By industry
BladeSystem Virtual Connect
HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module for c-Class BladeSystem(571956-B21)
This item was added to the cart
Lease for as low as $ 491
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- Data centers with servers requiring multiple connections to networks and external storage
- HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Modules are the simplest, most converged and flexible way to connect virtualized server blades to any data or storage network. VC FlexFabric modules eliminate up to 95% of network sprawl at the server edge with one device that converges traffic inside enclosures and directly connects to LANs and SANs.
Using Flex-10 technology with Fibre Channel over Ethernet and Accelerated iSCSI, these modules converge traffic over high speed 10 Gb connections to servers with HP FlexFabric Adapters. Each module provides four adjustable connections (three data and one storage or all data) to each 10 Gb server port.
Avoid the confusion of traditional and other converged network solutions by eliminating the need for multiple Ethernet and Fibre Channel switches, extension modules, cables and software licenses. Also, Virtual Connect wire-once connection management is built-in, enabling server adds, moves, and replacement in minutes instead of days.
- Dual-hop FCoE support extends convergence to the Flex-10 family by allowing FCoE traffic to be propagated out of the enclosure to an external FCoE-capable bridge.
- The Min/Max Bandwidth Optimization feature lets administrators make more efficient use of their network bandwidth, especially when dealing with VM migration or network-based backups.
- The Priority Queue QoS feature introduced in VC 4.01 allows administrators to prioritize critical application traffic.
Simplify the Server Edge with 95% Consolidation and Faster Deployment of Network Connections
- The HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module cuts 95% of hardware to connect servers to networks: Only two VC FlexFabric modules connect an enclosure of HP server blades to both data and storage networks, eliminating multiple switches, cards, and cables
- Provides 4:1 consolidation of interconnect equipment: Each HP VC FlexFabric module can replace up to three Ethernet and one Fibre Channel switches in an HP BladeSystem enclosure
- Reduces networking TCO at the server edge: Save up to 65% on equipment resulting in more than $1M savings for only 15 enclosures. Save another 40% on power and cooling costs per year
- Simplifies connection management: Wire-once, then add, move and change network connections to 1000's of servers in minutes vs. days from one console without affecting your LAN and SAN
- Virtual Connect (v3.30 and greater) improves network visibility for troubleshooting from a command line interface with secure access for network teams via TACACS+ or RADIUS
Flexible configuration of network and storage connection quantity and performance
- One flexible interconnect connects to any network: One device supports most common data center network protocols: Ethernet, Fibre Channel, iSCSI.
- Fine-tune performance: Fine-tune the performance of each data and storage connection to meet the needs of each virtual machine and workload.
- Optimized for hypervisor i/o requirements: With Flex-10 two modules provide 6 FlexNIC and 2 FlexHBA connections to each server, the best practice network configuration for most hypervisors.
- Increase storage connection performance: Connect to servers using full hardware offload of iSCSI and FCoE protocol processing minimizing the impact on host CPU performance.
- Ultra-fast 10 Gb server-to-server performance: Perform ultra-fast communication between virtual server hosts and moves and recoveries with hardware-based 10 Gb performance.
Upgrade your network with investment protection and no process changes
- 100% compatible with current networks: Seamless connection to existing industry standard data and storage networks avoids fork-lift upgrades.
- One standard for all connection needs: One VC FlexFabric module meets any data and storage connection need with license-free, multi-protocol support for Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Fibre Channel over Ethernet and Accelerated iSCSI connections.
- Built on proven HP BladeSystem technology: Requires no changes to HP BladeSystem c-Class Enclosure components.
- Maintain current IT processes: Direct uplink connections to LAN and SAN maintain your current IT practices, unlike other solutions that reroute SAN traffic to the LAN.
- Line Rate, full-duplex 240Gbps bridging fabric
- Non-blocking architecture
- Maximum transmission unit (MTU) of up to 9216 bytes (jumbo frames)
- Recessed Momentary Reset Switch
- Momentary Next/Step Switch
- Backlit port number, configuration and status indicator LED, one perbulkhead port, blue/amber/green
- Module status indicator, amber/green
- Module locator (UID), blue
- Link indicator, one per SFP+-port, green/amber/orange
- Active multiplexed port indicator, green
- 12V @ 9.17A (110 W)
- 1.2 ?s on Ethernet only ports
- 1.7u ?s Enet/FC ports
- 8 buffer credits per port, ASIC embedded memory
- Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module for c-Class BladeSystem
- 1year Parts, 1 year Labor, 1year on-site support
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 27 x 35.26 x 12.07 cm (shipping) (10.63 x 13.88 x 4.75 in (shipping))
- 2.0 kg (shipping) (4.4 lb (shipping))
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.