- For Home
- For Work
- By industry
- For Home
- For Work
- By industry
BladeSystem Virtual Connect
HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module for c-Class BladeSystem(691367-B21)
This item was added to the cart
Lease for as low as $ 605
Special offer: Special offers:
- Data centers with servers requiring multiple connections to networks and external storage.
- Wouldn’t you like to reduce the miles of cabling required to attach your servers to the network?
HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module is one of the simplest, most converged and flexible ways to connect virtualized server blades to your data or storage network. It reduces up to 95% of network sprawl at the server edge with one device that converges all traffic inside enclosures and directly connects to LANs and SANs.
Based on open standards with 40GbE uplinks and 20GbE downlinks it addresses growing bandwidth needs in private and public cloud environments in a cost effective manner.
Simplify the Server Edge with 95% Consolidation and Faster Deployment of Network Connections
- The HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module reduces up to 95% of hardware needed to connect servers to networks. Using only two of these modules to connect an enclosure of HP server blades to both data and storage networks, you can reduce multiple switches, cards and cables.
- It gives you the advantage of 4:1 consolidation of interconnect equipment. Each Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 Module can replace up to three 10GbE based switches and one 8 Gb Fiber Channel switch in an HP BladeSystem enclosure.
- Reduces networking TCO at the server edge by saving up to 65% on equipment. The FlatSAN solution allows connecting directly to HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage and thereby reduces 86% fewer components, lowers latency by 55% and provisions 2.5x faster.
- Simplifies connection management with wire-once, then add, move, and change network connections to 1000's of servers in minutes versus days from one console without affecting your LAN and SAN.
Flexibly Configure of Your Network and Storage Connections. Fine Tune Your Performance
- The HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module provides one flexible interconnect interface to any network. One device supports most common data center networks protocols like; Ethernet, Fibre Channel (FC), FCoE and iSCSI.
- Fine-tune the performance of each data and storage connection to meet the needs of each of your virtual machines and targeted workloads.
- Optimize the hypervisor I/O requirements with Flex-10 and Flex-20 adapters. With two modules you can provide six FlexNICs and two FlexHBAs connections to each server, delivering a best practice network configuration for most hypervisors.
- Connect to servers using full hardware offload of iSCSI and FCoE protocol processing minimizing the impact on host CPU performance to increase storage connection performance.
- Ultra-fast 10/20GbE server-to-server performance: Perform ultra-fast communication between virtual server hosts and moved and recoveries with hardware based 10/20GbE performance.
Upgrade Your Network with Investment Protection and No Process Changes
- The HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module is 100% compatible with current networks: Seamless connection to existing industry standard data and storage networks avoids having to replace each piece of equipment.
- One standard for all connection needs: One Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module meets any data and storage connection need with license-free, multi-protocol support for Ethernet, Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Accelerated iSCSI connections.
- Built on proven HP BladeSystem technology and requires no changes to the HP BladeSystem c-Class Enclosure components.
- Maintain current IT processes with direct uplink connections to LANs and SANs to maintain your current IT practices, unlike other solutions that reroute SAN traffic to the LAN.
- Line-rate, full-duplex 1.2 Tbps bridging fabric
- Non-blocking architecture
- Maximum transmission unit (MTU) of up to 9216 bytes (jumbo frames)
- External FC Port Type- configured as Node port s (N_Port), 2Gb, 4Gb or 8Gb auto- negotiating SFP ports
- 16 x 10/20Gb downlinks through the midplane
- 2 x 20Gb cross connect links
- 4 x 40Gb SR4, LR4 fiber, DAC, AOC and Splitter uplinks QSFP+
- 8 x 10Gb SR, LRM and LR fiber and copper uplinks SFP+
- 1 internal interface to c-Class Onboard Administrator Module
- Recessed Momentary Reset Switch
- Momentary Next/Step Switch
- Backlit port number, configuration and status indicator LED, one per bulkhead port, blue/amber/green
- Module status indicator, amber/green
- Module locator (UID), blueLink indicator, one per SFP+-port, green/amber/orange
- Active multiplexed port indicator, green
- 12V @ 13.75A (165 W)
- 1.0 ps on Ethernet only ports
- 1.8 ps Enet/FC ports
- 8 buffer credits per port, ASIC embedded memory
- Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Module for c-Class BladeSystem
- 1year Parts, 1 year Labor, 1year on-site support
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 27 x 35.26 x 12.07 cm (shipping) (10.63 x 13.88 x 4.75 in (shipping))
- 2.0 kg (shipping) (4.4 lb (shipping))
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.