- For Home
- For Work
- More versatile than ever before. With up to 24 discrete processor cores, the HP Z620 Workstation packs a ton of computing and visualization power into a quiet, compact footprint. This dual-socket system helps you boost productivity with next-generation Intel® Xeon processors and support for multiple displays.
- Windows 8 Pro or other operating systems available
Big possibilities. Compact form factor.
- With its innovative design, the HP Z620 Workstation gives you a near silent computing solution in a form factor that’s a perfect fit for space-constrained environments.
- For easy servicing and upgrades, it features a completely tool-less chassis with integrated handles and a tool-free power supply.
The performance you demand.
- Get massive system performance in a small footprint with the next evolution in system architecture, setting the standard for versatility with support for both Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 and E5-1600 v2 families.1
- Now with up to 24 cores, the HP Z620 powerhouse supports a full range of processors, to help you get more done every minute.
- Support up to 192 GB of the latest generation of system memory with 12 DIMM slots and integrated 1866MHz DDR3 memory subsystem.2 Ideal for complex data sets and the demands of a 64-bit environment.
- Take advantage of an 800 W 90% efficient power supply perfect for high-end graphics.
- Connect in a flash with 4X USB 3.0 bandwidth on an optional high-performance Thunderbolt™ 2.0 port3 on the HP Z620.
Bring your ideas to life, faster.
- The HP Z620 offers a huge variety of professional graphics from NVIDIA and AMD, including Pro 2D to Extreme 3D. Integrate PCI express Gen3 graphics technology and double the bandwidth in and out of your card.4
- Access high-performance applications, including 2D and 3D video, on-site or from a remote location with HP Remote Graphics software5.
- Increase productivity and spread out with the freedom of seeing and doing more all at once with support for multiple displays at peak HD resolutions.6
Modify your machine.
- Build the HP Z620 Workstation the way you want with multiple SATA and SAS RAID configuration options that support a wide range of high-performance, high capacity storage solutions.
Complete peace of mind.
- With ISV-certifications and 115,000 hours of testing in the HP Total Test Process, the HP Z620 is reliable and ready for business.
- Enable a consistent manageability and security framework across the enterprise from a single management console with Intel® vPro™ technology7
- Relax with a standard, 3-year limited warranty. Choose optional HP Care Pack Services9 to extend your service.
1 Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology.2 . Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements. 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations.
2 Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
3 Thunderbolt is new technology. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products. Thunderbolt™ 2.0 is planned to be available via an optional add-in card in early 2014.
4 Optional features sold separately or as add on features.
9 HP Care Pack services are sold separately. Service levels and response times for HP Care Pack Services may vary depending on your geographic location. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. Restrictions and limitations apply. See www.hp.com/go/cpc for details.
- Operating system
Windows 8.1 Pro 64
Windows 8.1 Single Language 64
Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro 64)
Windows 7 Professional 32 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro 64)
Windows 8 Pro 64
Windows 8 Single Language 64
Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro 64)
Windows 7 Professional 32 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8 Pro 64)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Windows 7 Professional 64
Windows 7 Professional 32
HP Installer Kit for Linux
(HP Linux Installer Kit includes drivers for both 32-bit & 64-bit versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS5 and WS6 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 64-bit. Download Red Hat Enterprise Linux (1-year paper license only) which is available as a second operating system. )
- Processor family
- Intel® Xeon® E5 processor
Intel® Xeon® E5-2697 v2 (2.7 GHz, 30 MB cache, 12 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2695 v2 (2.4 GHz, 30 MB cache, 10 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2690 v2 (3 GHz, 25 MB cache, 10 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2680 v2 (2.8 GHz, 25 MB cache, 10 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 v2 (2.5 GHz, 25 MB cache, 10 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2667 v2 (3.3 GHz, 25 MB cache, 8 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2660 v2 (2.2 GHz, 25 MB cache, 10 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2650 v2 (2.6 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2643 v2 (3.5 GHz, 25 MB cache, 6 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2640 v2 (2 GHz, 20 MB cache, 8 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2637 v2 (3.5 GHz, 15 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2630 v2 (2.6 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2620 v2 (2.1 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2609 v2 (2.5 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2603 v2 (1.8 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-1680 v2 (3 GHz, 25 MB cache, 8 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-1660 v2 (3.7 GHz, 15 MB cache, 6 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-1650 v2 (3.5 GHz, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)
Intel® Xeon® E5-1620 v2 (3.7 GHz, 10 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Intel® C602
- Form factor:
- Rackable minitower
- Memory, maximum
48 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Unbuffered SDRAM
192 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Registered SDRAM
(Actual memory speed dependent on processor. Registered and unbuffered DIMMS may not be mixed. )
- Memory slots:
- Up to 12 DIMMs (8 DIMMs on system board, 4 DIMMs on 2nd CPU & Memory Module)
- Internal drive bays:
- Three 3.5"
- External drive bays:
- Two 5.25"
- Internal drive
300 GB up to 600 GB SAS (15000 rpm)
300 GB up to 1.2 TB SAS (10000 rpm)
250 GB up to 1 TB SATA (10000 rpm)
500 GB up to 3 TB SATA (7200 rpm)
500 GB SATA SED
120 GB up to 512 GB SATA SSD
256 GB SATA SE SSD
- Storage controller:
- Integrated SATA 6.0 Gb/s; Integrated SATA 3.0 Gb/s with RAID 0, 1, 10 support; LSI 9270-8i SAS 6.0 Gb/s ROC RAID (optional); LSI 9217-4i4e 8-port SAS 6.0 Gb/s RAID (optional)
- Optical drive
SATA SuperMulti DVD+/-RW
SATA Blu-ray writer
Display and graphics
Display and graphics
- NVIDIA NVS 310 (512 MB)
- NVIDIA NVS 510 (2 GB)
- NVIDIA Quadro 410 (512 MB);NVIDIA Quadro K600 (1 GB)
- AMD FirePro V3900 (1 GB)
- NVIDIA Quadro K2000 (2 GB)
- NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (3 GB)
- NVIDIA Quadro K5000 (4 GB)
- AMD FirePro W7000 (4 GB)
- NVIDIA Quadro K6000 (12 GB)
High Performance GPU Computing:
- NVIDIA Tesla K20c
- NVIDIA Tesla K40
4 USB 3.0
5 USB 2.0
2 IEEE 1394a
1 audio line in
1 audio line out
1 line in
(HP Thunderbolt 2 1-port PCIe card (optional); HP IEEE 1394b FireWire PCIe card (optional); 6 internal USB 2.0 available by 3 separate 2x5 headers)
- Expansion slots
2 PCIe Gen3 x16
1 PCIe Gen3 x8
1 PCIe Gen2 x8
1 PCIe Gen2 x4
1 14-in-1 media card reader (optional)
- Network interface
Integrated Intel 82579LM PCIe gigabit controller
Broadcom 5761 NetXtreme gigabit NIC (optional)
HP 361T PCIe dual-port gigabit NIC (optional)
Intel Gigabit CT Desktop NIC (optional)
HP X520 10 GbE dual-port adapter (optional)
HP 10 GbE SFP+ SR transceiver (optional)
Intel Ethernet I210-T1 PCIe NIC (optional)
- Integrated High Definition Realtek ALC262; Creative Recon3D PCIe Audio Card (optional); HP Thin USB Powered Speakers (optional)
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations available
- Power supply
- 800 W 90% efficient wide-ranging, active PFC
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 6.75 x 18.3 x 17.5 in (17.15 x 46.48 x 44.45 cm)
Starting at 34.2 lbs (Starting at 15.5 kg)
(Exact weight depends upon configuration.)
HP Performance Advisor
HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS) V5
HP ProtectTools Security (available as configurable option)
HP Power Assistant
PDF Complete - Corporate Edition (for Windows operating systems only)
Office Home & Business 2013 (available as configurable option)
- Security management
Cable Lock Support (standard - cable optional)
Removable Media Write/Boot Control (standard)
Power-On Password (standard)
Setup Password (standard)
Kensington Cable Lock (optional)
HP Solenoid Hood Lock and Sensor (optional)
HP Solenoid Lock (optional)
- Operating system
- HP Blade Workstation Client Embedded
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64
- Windows 7 Professional 32
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 32
- Windows 8 64
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8 Pro 32
- Windows 8 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 32
- Windows 8.1 64
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8.1 Pro 32
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1 Single Language
- Windows Vista Business 32
- Windows Vista Business 64
- Microsoft Embedded X32
- Windows XP Professional 32
- Windows XP Professional 64
- HP Installer kit for Linux
- Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.