- For Home
- For Work
- Built for high-end computing and visualization. The dual-processor HP Z820 Workstation delivers outstanding performance, award-winning industrial design, and tool-free serviceability in the industry’s most expandable chassis. With next generation Intel® Xeon® processors, support for up to 16 processing cores, and the latest professional graphics, you’ll tackle even the most demanding projects like never before.
- Windows 8 Pro or other operating systems available
Unmatched design. Inside and out.
- Easily access, customize and maintain system components with a tool-less and visually cable-free chassis—ideal for direct connections with drives and power supplies. Integrated side rails and front and back handles simplify movement.
- Maximize cooling and reduce acoustics with a highly streamlined form factor designed for optimized airflow.
- Expand your daily potential with the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 family1. The HP Z820 can operate up to 24 processing cores, delivering the ultimate performance to help you accomplish more every minute.
- Featuring the C600 series chipset, LSI SAS 2308 controller, and dual Quick Path Interconnects between the processors, the two work together to help you work more effectively than ever before.
- Stay a step ahead with increased memory bandwidth and support up to 512 GB of the latest generation of DDR3 memory.2
- Connect in a flash with 4X USB 3.0 bandwidth on an optional high-performance ThunderboltTM 2.0 port3 on the HP Z820.
- Built to support next generation PCIe Gen3 graphics from AMD and NVIDIA, the HP Z820 Workstation currently offers a wide range of cards from Pro 2D to ultra-high-end 3D graphics to get the job done.4
- Drive multiple displays and multitask like a pro.5 Plus, get the highest performing GPU computing solutions available in the Z family, like NVIDIA’s Maximus, on the HP Z820.4
- Access high-performance applications, including 2D and 3D video, on-site or from a remote location with HP Remote Graphics software6.
Space to fill.
- This rackable system provides 7 expansion slots, 7 expansion bays and 4-channel integrated DDR3 memory with 16 slots and support for up to 512 GBs.2
- Customize and expand with a variety of storage and I/O options including a wide range of internal HDD/ODD and external SATA devices to increase flexibility.2
Complete peace of mind.
- With 115,000 hours of testing in the HP Total Test Process, the HP Z820 is reliable and ready for business.
- HP Performance Advisor7 configures your system with updated settings and drivers to help maximize performance.
- HP workstations offer low-halogen8 and ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations featuring efficient power supplies.
- Relax with a standard, 3-year limited warranty. Choose optional HP Care Pack Services9 to extend your service.
1 Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations.
2 Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
3 Thunderbolt is new technology. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products. Thunderbolt™ 2.0 is planned to be available via an optional add-in card in early 2014.
4 Optional features sold separately or as add on features.
5 Support for external displays as a standard feature through integrated processor-based graphics is dependent upon the particular workstation configuration; the actual number of displays supported will vary. An optional graphics solution will be required for the support of additional displays. Additional cables required. HD (high-definition) content required to view HD images.
6 HP Remote Graphics Software requires Windows and an internet connection.
7 HP Performance Advisor requires Windows and an internet connection.
8 External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not Low Halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be Low Halogen.
9 HP Care Pack services are sold separately. Service levels and response times for HP Care Pack Services may vary depending on your geographic location. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. Restrictions and limitations apply. See www.hp.com/go/cpc for details.
- Intel® C602
- Form factor:
- Rackable minitower
- Memory slots:
- 16 DIMM
- Internal drive bays:
- Four 3.5"
- External drive bays:
- Three 5.25"
- Storage controller:
- Integrated SATA 6.0 Gb/s; Integrated SATA 3.0 Gb/s; Integrated LSI SAS 2308 Controller; LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i SAS 6Gb/s ROC RAID Card and iBBU08 Battery Backup Unit (optional); LSI MegaRAID 9270-8i SAS 6Gb/s ROC RAID Card and iBBU09 Battery Backup Unit (optional)
Display and graphics
Display and graphics
- 4 USB 3.0
- 5 USB 2.0
- 2 IEEE 1394a
- 2 microphone
- 1 audio line out
- 1 headphone
- 1 audio line in
- 1 serial
- 2 PS/2 (keyboard & mouse)
- 2 RJ-45 to integrated Gigabit LAN
- 3 PCIe Gen3 x16
- 1 PCIe Gen3 x8
- 1 PCIe Gen3 x4
- 1 PCIe Gen2 x4
- 1 PCI
- 1 14-in-1 media card reader (optional)
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- 850W 88% efficient, wide ranging, active PFC; 1125W 90% efficient, wide ranging, active PFC
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 8 x 20.7 x 17.5 in (20.3 x 52.5 x 44.4 cm)
- Security management:
- Cable Lock Support (standard - cable optional)
- Chassis Intrusion Sensor (standard)
- Serial, Parallel, USB, Audio, Network Enable/Disable (standard)
- Removable Media Write/Boot Control (standard)
- Power-On Password (standard)
- Setup Password (standard)
- Kensington Cable Lock (optional)
- Protected by HP Services, including a limited 3 years parts, 3 years labor, and 3 years onsite service (3/3/3) standard warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
- Operating system
- HP Blade Workstation Client Embedded
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64
- Windows 7 Professional 32
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 32
- Windows 8 64
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8 Pro 32
- Windows 8 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 32
- Windows 8.1 64
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 32
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8.1 Pro 32
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64
- Windows 8.1 Single Language
- Windows Vista Business 32
- Windows Vista Business 64
- Microsoft Embedded X32
- Windows XP Professional 32
- Windows XP Professional 64
- HP Installer kit for Linux
- Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.
HP is committed to providing our customers with information about the chemical substances in our products as needed to comply with legal requirements such as REACH (Regulation EC No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council). A chemical information report for this product can be found at: www.hp.com/go/reach.