The World Quality Report 2016-17 8th Edition
The World Quality Report 2016-17, sponsored by Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Capgemini and Sogeti, examines the state of application quality and testing practices across multiple industries and 32 countries. The report reveals that despite 85% of respondents claiming that internet of things (IoT) products are a part of their business operations, over two thirds (68%) of organizations in which IoT plays a role, do not currently have a test strategy for this specific aspect of IT.
Technology continues to play an increasingly important role in QA and Testing. As a result, businesses around the world and across a range of industry sectors are experiencing the benefits of embracing the digital transformation.
In order to become more competitive, achieve targeted business goals and deliver an enhanced customer experience, companies are adopting a more agile and DevOps approach into their QA and Testing practices.
Some of the key findings in the recently released World Quality Report 2016-17 include:
- Digital Transformation - Disrupting business models for a better customer experience.
- Internet of Things and Security Testing - Stretching the need for quality and security.
- Agile and DevOps - More intelligence-led testing will meet speed, quality and cost imperatives.
- Industrialization and Testing Centers of Excellence - Reflecting the shift to an intelligence-led test approach.
- Test Environments and Test Data Management - Key-enablers for quality in agile and DevOps.
- QA and Testing Budgets - Getting a grip on test spending.
As smart technology continues to rapidly evolve, an intelligence-led approach will disrupt QA and Testing and affect business decisions, and consequently, outcomes. Discover what impact this could have on the future of your industry and business.