HP Database and Middleware Automation (DMA) enables delivery of cloud based services like Database-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service. It is a key component of HP’s Cloud Management strategy and integrates with the HP Cloud Management portfolio.
Maintaining database and middleware environments is daunting, given the complexity and the volume of tasks supported. IT teams struggle to meet service levels for middleware and database patching, database upgrades, middleware and database provisioning and code release. They also find it difficult to enforce standards and stay compliant. Valuable DBA time is spent on executing mundane and repetitive tasks. Efforts to automate via scripting fall short as they lack central control, consistency and require lots of maintenance. Such a situation does not position IT teams to execute on new initiatives like Cloud based services.
HP DMA addresses the shortfalls of custom scripting or using disparate ad hoc tools. It delivers industry-standard best-practices and subject matter expertise to address challenges around compliance, middleware and database patching, middleware and database provisioning and code release. HP DMA enables IT teams to enforce organizational standards across the enterprise. It supports Linux, Windows®, and UNIX®, and database and middleware technologies from multiple vendors.
- Innovate with DBaaS, PaaS, Cloud and IT self-service
- Support business agility and meet SLA for provisioning , patching and code release
- Experience 70% efficiency improvement via automation of tasks
- Stay compliant based on PCI, SOX, and Center for Internet Security (CIS) standards
- Consolidate tools across database and middleware life cycle management