The Secrets to Maintainable Test Automation? Reusable Test Components and Scriptless Testing
The Business Process Testing (BPT) framework will help you move from one-off manual testing and ad hoc functional test automation to an architected approach with a library of reusable test components. BPT accelerates the move to component-based testing—an integrated approach to creating a repository of reusable test modules: it allow for changes to be made once, then propagated across your distributed Agile teams to all affected tests. Modeling business processes makes tests more readable and more nimble to maintain, and reusability helps eliminate costly test sprawl. It also helps testing teams quickly identify new candidates for automation efficiently and effectively. Integrated with ALM, Quality Center, Sprinter and UFT, BPT simplifies the creation and organization of shareable manual and automated test components always available for ongoing testing needs.
- Rapidly create and manage a shareable library of reusable functional test components
- Support both manual and automated test execution
- Eliminate the need to create and maintain a custom test framework
- Auto-documentation makes it easy to use for new testers
- Create and update tests for SAP and Oracle using extended capabilities
- Auto-publish manual tests as components from Sprinter and automated components from UFT