Windows 8.1 Pro or Linux
of DDR3-1600 memory3,8,9,10
Move data faster than ever.1
View full HP Z1 G2 Workstation specs
“John Ramahlo Jr., Executive Director, Technology, School of Architecture, Columbia University
Our architectural students, from approximately 50 countries, have an endless thirst for experimentation. To quench that thirst, we must provide our students expertise in the state-of-the-art in architecture and computer technology so that they can decisively assert themselves around the world by producing remarkable buildings, plans, and policies—the HP Z1 gives our students that edge.”
I like this
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, Xeon and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. AMD and FirePro are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com
NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo, CUDA and Quadro are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Adobe, the Adobe logo, and Adobe Premiere Pro, are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Autodesk logo is a registered trademark or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
SolidWorks® is a registered trademark of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.
Sony Vegas is a trademark or registered trademarks of Sony Creative Software, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners in the United States and other countries.
Screen images courtesy of Autodesk and Sage Cheshire Aerospace.
1. The power supply, graphics card, hard drives, optical drive, system cooling blower, and memory can be accessed, and removed without tools. Tools may be required for all other components.
2. Sold separately or as an optional feature.
3. Transfer rates up to 1600 MT/s
4. Thunderbolt is an optional or after-market feature. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see thunderbolttechnology.net/products .
5. Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See microsoft.com .
6. This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 8.1 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
7. Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
8. Each processor supports up to 2 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel. Actual memory speeds dependent onprocessor capability.
9. Intel® Xeon® E3 and Intel® Core™ i3 processors can support either ECC or non-ECC memory. Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors only support non-ECC memory.
10. The CPU determines the speed at which the memory is clocked. If a 1600 MHz capable CPU is used in the system, the maximum speed the memory will run at is 1600 MHz regardless of the specified speed of the memory.
11. For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. 1 TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
12. SATA hardware RAID is not supported on Linux systems. The Linux kernel, with built-in software RAID, provides excellent functionality and performance. It is a good alternative to hardware-based RAID. Please visit h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00060684/c00060684.pdf for RAID capabilities with Linux.
13. Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright protected materials. Intended for creation and storage of your original material and other lawful use. Double Layer discs can store more data than single layer discs. However, double-layer discs burned with this drive may not be compatible with many existing single-layer DVD drives and players.
As Blu-ray is a new format containing new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this workstation.
14. With Blu-ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC.
15. Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with your local vendor for coverage area and availability in your area. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
16. Wireless access point and Internet service required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
17. HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software require internet access.
18. Buy Office.
19. This product is low halogen except for power cords, cables and peripherals. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
20. HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your product, see http://h20560.www2.hp.com/portal/site/cpc?ac.admitted=1392943831663.2043657423.1959898185.