designed for professional use
Efficient power supply.
Lower energy costs.
Move data faster than ever.14
View full HP Z230 SFF Workstation specs
View full Z230 Tower Workstation specs
Technology is a major investment for a firm like ours, but the cost we pay for the power we get using HP Z Workstations is quite reasonable. The HP Z230 Small Form Factor Workstation is a great example.”
—Gedeon Trias, associate director of Design,
Larson & Darby
I like this
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, Xeon and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. AMD and FirePro are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com
NVIDIA, NIVDIA QUADRO and NVIDIA Kepler are trademarks or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. or other countries.
* HP Z230 SFF model
† HP Z230 Tower model
** Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See microsoft.com. The integrated display resolution is below the threshold for snapping apps, a new feature that allows two Windows apps to be viewed simultaneously side by side. This feature may be enabled by attaching an external display which supports a screen resolution of 1366x768 or higher.
*** This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware and/or a DVD drive to install the Windows 7 software and take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. See microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
**** After-Market Option
***** Each drive requires a PCIe x4 (minimum) slot to be available. Full performance is obtained only when using PCIe slots connected to the CPU. Non-CPU PCIe slots may see a decrease of up to 10%. Please see slot configuration recommendations at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/workstations/z-turbo-drive.html. Note that graphics cards, Thunderbolt™, and other devices will require PCIe slots.
1. Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel ® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel ® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel ® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See intel.com/info/em64t for more information.
2. Requires both NVIDIA NVS 510 and NVS 310 graphics cards to be installed.
3. Optional feature sold separately or as an add on feature.
4. PCIe Gen 3 is a new technology; card availability may be limited.
5. Some features may not be available in all regions.
6. Intel ® Hyper-Threading - The hyper-threading feature is designed to improve performance of multi-threaded software products; please contact your software provider to determine software compatibility. Not all customers or software applications will benefit from the use of hyperthreading. Go to intel.com/info/hyperthreading for more information, including which processors support HT Technology.
7. Each processor supports up to 2 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel.
8. Intel ® Xeon E3, Intel Core i3 and Intel Pentium processors can support either ECC or non-ECC memory. Intel Core i5 and i7 processors only support non-ECC memory.
9. SATA hardware RAID is not supported on Linux systems. The Linux kernel, with built-in software RAID, provides excellent functionality and performance. It is a good alternative to hardware-based RAID. Please visit h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00060684/c00060684.pdf (PDF, 636KB) for RAID capabilities with Linux.
10. For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less.
11. Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright protected materials. Intended for creation and storage of your original material and other lawful uses. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6 GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media.
12. Blu-ray Writer - As Blu-ray is a new format containing new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD movies cannot be played on this workstation.
13. HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at http://h20560.www2.hp.com/portal/site/cpc?ac.admitted=1392942166445.2043657423.1959898185 Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/business-services/it-services.html?compURI=1077422. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.
14. Thunderbolt is an optional feature available as an add-in card. Install all the latest drivers for your Thunderbolt device before connecting to the Thunderbolt port. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see thunderbolttechnology.net/products .