with Intel® Xeon® processors1
SATA SSD performance
with HP Z Turbo Drive G2
Move data faster than ever.
View full HP Z640 Workstation specs
“–Jacob Rosenberg, Director & CTO, Bandito Brothers
We can shoot and then begin editing immediately to quickly show people the work. When we deployed the HP Workstations, the improvements were like night and day.”
I like this
Screen images courtesy of Bentley
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Intel, Core, Thunderbolt and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S.and other countries. NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo and Quadro are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the US. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
2. Sold separately or as an optional feature.
3. Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com .
4. HP Performance Advisor requires Windows and Internet access.
1.Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com .
2. This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 10 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
3. HP Installer Kit for Linux® includes drivers for 64-bit versions of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.7 and 7, SUSE Linux® Enterprise Desktop 11 and Ubuntu 14.04. Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (1-year paper license only) is available as a second operating system.
4. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
5. Some vPro functionality of this technology, such as Intel® Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
6. For hard drives and solid state drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
7. Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
8. With Blu-Ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC.
9. Only Registered and LR ECC DIMMs are supported. Do not install memory modules into memory slots if corresponding processor is not installed. Dual processor configurations with memory modules installed for only one processor is not supported. RDIMM (Registered) and LRDIMM (Load Reduced) memory cannot be mixed. All memory installed in the system must be either RDIMM or LRDIMM.
10. Wireless cards are optional or add-on features and requires separately purchased wireless access point and internet service. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
11. Optional or add-on feature.
12. EPEAT® registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country
13. External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
14. HP RGS requires a Windows, Linux®, or Mac®OS X 10.10 and newer operating system and network access
15. HP Performance Advisor requires Windows and an internet connection.