- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
Fixed Port L3 Managed Ethernet Switches
HP 3500 and 3500 yl Switch Series
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The HP 3500 Switch Series consists of advanced intelligent-edge switches, available in 24-port and 48-port fixed-port models. The foundation for these switches is a purpose-built, programmable HP ProVision ASIC that allows the most demanding networking features, such as quality of service (QoS) and security, to be implemented in a scalable yet granular fashion.
With a variety of Gigabit Ethernet and 10/100 interfaces; integrated PoE+, PoE, and non-PoE options; and versatile 10GbE connectivity (CX4, X2, and SFP+) on Gigabit Ethernet switches, the 3500 Switch Series offers excellent investment protection, flexibility, and scalability, as well as ease of deployment, operation, and maintenance.
- OpenFlow: is a key technology that enables software-defined networking by allowing the separation of data (packet forwarding) and control (routing decision) paths
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Advanced classifier-based QoS: classifies traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a per-port or per-VLAN basis
- Layer 4 prioritization: enables prioritization based on TCP/UDP port numbers
- Traffic prioritization: allows real-time traffic classification into eight priority levels mapped to eight queues
- Bandwidth shaping: Port-based rate limiting: provides per-port ingress-/egress-enforced increased bandwidth. Classifier-based rate limiting: uses an access control list (ACL) to enforce increased bandwidth for ingress traffic on each port. Reduced bandwidth: provides per-port, per-queue egress-based reduced bandwidth.
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Remote intelligent mirroring: mirrors selected ingress/egress traffic based on ACL, port, MAC address, or VLAN to a local or remote HP 8200 zl, 6600, 6200 yl, 5400 zl, or 3500 Switch anywhere on the network
- RMON, XRMON, and sFlow v5: provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): advertises and receives management information from adjacent devices on a network, facilitating easy mapping by network management applications
- Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD): monitors a cable between two switches and shuts down the ports on both ends if the cable is broken, turning the bidirectional link into a unidirectional one; this prevents network problems such as loops
- Management simplicity: common software features and CLI implementation across all ProVision-based switches (including the zl and yl switches)
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE): provides up to 15.4 W per port to IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE-powered devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras
- IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+): provides up to 30 W per port to IEEE 802.3 for devices that use PoE/PoE+, such as video IP phones, IEEE 802.11n wireless access points, and advanced pan/zoom/tilt security cameras
- Prestandard PoE support: detects and provides power to prestandard PoE devices; see list of supported devices in the product FAQs at www.hp.com/networking
- Jumbo frames: on Gigabit Ethernet and 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports, jumbo frames allow high-performance remote backup and disaster-recovery services
- Auto-MDIX: provides automatic adjustments for straight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100 and 10/100/1000 ports
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are the HP's recommended retail prices at the time of publication and exclude applicable taxes. Prices, promotions, specifications, availability and terms of offers set out herein may change without prior notice and are applicable for Vietnam only. Prices are only indicative and are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers set out herein may vary from reseller prices and offers.