- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- The HP FlexFabric 12900 Switch Series is a next-generation modular data center core switch designed to support virtualized data centers and the evolving needs of private and public cloud deployments. It delivers unprecedented levels of performance, buffering, scale, and availability with high density 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE connectivity.
The switch Series includes 10-slot and 16-slot chassis.
Ready for software-defined networking (SDN), the FlexFabric 12900 Switch supports full Layer 2 and 3 features and advanced data center features to build resilient scalable fabric and achieve convergence.
- Introducing 100G in HP FlexFabric 12900 switch series along with high scale 10G and 40G modules and 16-slot chassis
- High scalability and density with 1G, 10G, 40G and 100G interface options
- 16-slot chassis with ability to scale to 768 10G, 384 40G and 64 100G ports
Modern, Scalable and Distributed Architecture
- The HP FlexFabric 12900 Switch Series provides non-blocking, lossless Clos architecture with VOQs and large buffers with the flexibility and scalability for future growth.
- Distributed architecture with separation of data and control planes delivers enhanced fault tolerance and facilitates continuous operation and zero service disruption during planned or unplanned control-plane events.
- Advanced Comware modular operating system brings native high stability, independent process monitoring, and restart through the modular design and multiple processes of HP Comware v7 software; enhanced serviceability functions are supported.
- In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU) provides an upgrade of the entire chassis, or an individual task or process, with zero packet loss.
High-Performance Switch Series with Broad Interface Options
- The high-performance fully distributed architecture of the HP FlexFabric 12900 Switch Series delivers up to 30.7 Tb/s switching capacity and 19.2 Bpps, providing you non-blocking wire speed performance.
- High-density 1GbE, 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE interface connectivity with up to 16 interface module slots scales up to 768 1GbE/10GbE, 384 40GbE ports and 64 100GbE ports.
- Distributed scalable fabric architecture offers up to six fabric modules delivering more than 2 Tb per slot bandwidth.
Optimized for the Next-Generation Data Center
- The HP FlexFabric 12900 Switch Series let you build Layer 2 fabrics which are flexible, resilient, and scalable with TRILL, SPB and/or HP IRF.
- Network and storage convergence with support for Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Data Center Bridging (DCB) protocols includes IEEE 802.1Qaz Data Center Bridging Exchange (DCBX), Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS), and IEEE 802.1Qbb Priority Flow Control (PFC).
- Virtual server access is accelerated and simplified with Edge Virtual Bridging (EVB) and Virtual Ethernet Port Aggregator (VEPA).
- Enhanced Multitenant Device Context (MDC) for multi-tenancy giving you the ability to virtualize a physical switch into multiple logical devices; each logical switch has its own tenants.
Enterprise-Class Availability and Resiliency with Broad L2 & L3 Feature Set
- Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) creates virtual resilient switching fabrics where two or more switches perform as a single Layer2 switch and Layer3 router that can be attached using standard LACP for automatic load balancing and high availability.
- The HP FlexFabric 12900 Switch Series offers hot-swappable modules and redundant load-sharing fabrics, management, power and fan assemblies which provides you with optimum network performance and availability while simplifying your network operations.
- Comprehensive switching and routing features are delivered with full-featured IPv4/IPv6, ACLs, and QoS capabilities.
- 16 I/O module slots, maximum;Supports a maximum of 768 Gigabit Ethernet ports or 768 1/10GbE ports or 384 40GbE ports or 64 100GbE ports, or a combination;Depending on model and configuration
- 19.2 Bpps, maximum; depending on model
- Switching capacity:
- 30.7 Tb/s, maximum; depending on model
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- out-of-band management (serial RS-232C)
- SNMP Manager
- terminal interface (serial RS-232C)
- modem interface
- IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MIB
- Ethernet Interface MIB
Primary port type
Maximum number of ports
- Note: Information published at this site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local HP business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available. *Prices set out herein are the HP's recommended retail prices at the time of publication and exclude applicable taxes. Prices, promotions, specifications, availability and terms of offers set out herein may change without prior notice and are applicable for Vietnam only. Prices are only indicative and are exclusive of options, accessories and consumables. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Acceptance of order is subject to validation of correct prices and promotions by HP. Prices and offers set out herein may vary from reseller prices and offers.