HP Introduces Thin Client Solutions Delivering Increased Performance and Flexibility for Cloud Environments
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today expanded its leading portfolio of thin client solutions with the HP t310 All-in-One Zero Client and HP t520 Flexible Series Thin Client, designed to help businesses securely support virtual work environments.
HP also announced updates to its embedded Linux Operating System (OS) for Thin Clients, HP ThinPro 5.0, which features a new user interface and increased flexibility to move between the HP ThinPro OS and HP Smart Zero cores.
Businesses demand technology that helps employees stay productive across an organization’s different workgroups and between offices. IT managers must support this New Style of IT while meeting the security and reliability expectations of the business. HP’s thin clients, including the HP t310 AiO and HP t520, help organizations to meet these needs by accommodating their various employee profiles while taking advantage of the security and manageability benefits of a desktop virtualization environment.
“User demands for more reliable and powerful computing means businesses are looking for new, affordable solutions that are flexible, secure and easy to manage,” said Jeff Groudan, worldwide director, Product Management, Thin Clients, HP. “Our new thin client solutions provide workers with advanced hardware design, easy-to-use software and a secure cloud computing experience.”
Powerful all-in-one, compact design
The compact HP t310 AiO is designed to help businesses maximize available workspace and is optimized for PCOIP and VMware environments, while improving IT efficiency. Built to optimize a virtual work environment in high-performance industries—such as healthcare, financial services, government agencies, retail and education—the HP t310 AiO is ideal for organizations looking for reliable connectivity and secure access to data in a true zero client that doesn’t require active management or configuration.
Key features of the HP t310 AiO include:
- Big performance. The HP t310 AiO connected to VMware delivers a seamless, high-performance remote Windows® or cloud experience driven by the latest Teradici PCoIP technology to ensure low display latency and fast response times, even for demanding multimedia applications. Teradici PCoIP technology is embedded in Amazon WorkSpaces, VMware Horizon DaaS and VMware Horizon View.
- Space-saving design. With a fanless design, quiet thermals and a 23-inch diagonal display(1) including keyboard and mouse, the HP t310 can be deployed in small work spaces.(2)
Flexible solution, ultimate value
Designed for flexible business performance, the HP t520 is a reliable, mainstream thin client solution that maximizes productivity with a seamless virtual desktop experience. The HP t520 is tailored to support users in demanding environments—such as call centers, retail industries, financial services and manufacturing—that require the flexibility to manage and maintain productivity.
Enhanced features on the HP t520 include:
- Work smarter. The HP t520 helps businesses increase productivity with the latest thin client technologies packed in to a sleek, fan-less design that’s 20 percent smaller than its predecessor.
- Powerful business performance. With AMD GX-212JC SOC, SATA flash drive interface, HD graphics, and configurable memory and storage, the HP t520 delivers a powerful desktop experience,(3) 14.4 percent faster than the HP t510.
- Seamless integration. The HP t520 lets businesses choose the operating system and client virtualization solutions best suited for their environment.
Multiple configurations, one solution
HP ThinPro 5.0 combines the HP ThinPro OS and the HP Smart Zero Core in a new user-friendly interface, giving businesses the ability to switch between the flexible HP ThinPro OS and the simple HP Smart Zero Core as needed. Users also can customize their desktop, easily manage the system with automatic updates from HP.com or a USB key, and restore points for unique configurations and enhanced security features.
Pricing and availability
- The HP t310 AIO and the HP t520 is expected to start shipping in select markets in late June, with worldwide availability over next two months. Both solutions are backed by HP’s 36-month life cycle, a standard three-year limited warranty and globally recognized ecocertifications.
- The HP ThinPro 5.0 is expected to be available this month at no additional charge on HP flexible series thin clients.(4)
The HP t310 AiO and the HP t520 thin clients will be demonstrated at HP’s premier Americas client event, HP Discover, which takes place June 10-12 in Las Vegas.
(1) High-definition (HD) content, required to view HD images.
(2) Optional feature sold separately or as add-on feature.
(3) Dual-core and quad-core processing available with AMD technology designed to improve performance of this system. Given the wide range of software applications available, performance of a system including a 64-bit operating system and a dual-core processor will vary. AMD's numbering is not a measurement of clock speed.
(4) Thin Pro 5.0 is planned to be available in June on HP t620 (Web Update and Pre-install), HP t610 (Web Update), HP t520 (Pre-install), HP t510 (Web Update). Pre-install is defined as installed in factory.
AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy and plans for future operations; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and that are otherwise described or updated from time to time in HP’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.