- Are you looking for enterprise storage designed for virtual and cloud environments? The new Tier 1 storage for cloud computing, the new HP 3PAR StoreServ 10000 Storage is designed to deliver enterprise IT as a utility service simply, efficiently, and flexibly. The arrays feature a tightly coupled clustered architecture, secure multi-tenancy, and mixed workload support to fuel enterprise-class virtual and cloud data centers. Use of unique thin technologies reduces acquisition and operational costs by up to 50% while autonomic management features improve administrative efficiency by up to tenfold. The HP 3PAR StoreServ Gen4 ASIC in each of the system’s controller nodes provides a hyper-efficient, silicon-based engine that drives on-the-fly storage optimization to maximize capacity utilization while delivering high service levels. The arrays are built from the ground up to enable agile and efficient response to the changing business needs present in today’s most demanding data centers.
- Compliance with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS2) directive
- Optimized for performance, HP 3PAR StoreServ 10000 is available as an ALL Solid State Disk solution
- Match data to the right tier of storage with 3PAR Adaptive Optimization Software and 3PAR StoreServ 10000 Storage, now with support for up to 512 SSDs
- New Serial Access SCSI drives (SAS) in 3PAR StoreServ 10000 Storage
- New design cabinets that support HP Standard single phase and three phase PDUs
- Max raw capacity supported on HP 3PAR StoreServ 10000 increased to 550TB per node pair
Increase Business Agility
- As part of the HP Converged Infrastructure, massively scalable, dynamically tiered, multi-tenant 3PAR StoreServ 10000 arrays enable clients to overcome the inflexibility and high costs of IT sprawl so that resources can be shifted away from operations and toward innovation and strategic initiatives.
- Rapid, autonomic provisioning capabilities enable enterprise clients to reduce new project deployment windows and speed time-to-market for new applications and services.
- Autonomic service level optimization through the use of optional HP 3PAR Dynamic Optimization and Adaptive Optimization Software delivers the agility to react quickly to changing application and infrastructure requirements without the need for active management.
- Use of optional HP 3PAR Thin Provisioning Software enables the instantaneous deployment of new applications and provisioning of new clients without depending on the traditional storage purchasing cycle.
- Secure multi-tenancy supports the use of optional HP 3PAR Virtual Domains Software (the first and only storage hypervisor-like technology on the market) to deliver customized, secure, and even “self-service” storage to multiple internal or external customers.
Reduce Total Cost of Ownership for Storage by up to 50 Percent
- Advanced internal virtualization, wide striping, and mixed workload support reduce physical capacity purchases, storage footprint, power usage, and cooling needs without compromising performance.
- The two (2) HP 3PAR StoreServ Gen4 ASICs with Thin Built In™ inside every controller node have the ability to drive silicon-based thin conversion to reduce legacy storage capacity requirements and reclaim allocated-but-unused capacity to maintain optimal capacity utilization.
- Optional HP 3PAR Thin Provisioning Software eliminates capacity waste by allowing clients to purchase only the disk capacity they actually need, only as they actually need it for written data.
- Works with optional 3PAR Virtual Copy Software, a reservationless, copy-on-write thin technology, to reduce the capacity associated with frequent disk-based snapshots and create virtual copies that can be mounted and used instantly.
- Fast RAID 5 boosts RAID 5 performance to within 10% of RAID 1 but with significantly less capacity overhead; Fast RAID 6 (RAID MP) delivers enhanced protection while maintaining performance levels within 15% of RAID 10 and with capacity overheads comparable to popular RAID 5.
Increase Administrative Efficiency by up to Tenfold Building Block for Cloud Computing
- The HP 3PAR Operating System Software that runs on all HP 3PAR arrays provides dramatically simplified, autonomic provisioning and management that relieves administrators of tedious manual administration and reduces the potential for error.
- The simple, unified HP 3PAR Management Console and an extremely powerful and scriptable Command Line Interface (CLI) offer industry-leading ease of use, including the ability to configure multi-mode, multi-site disaster recovery in minutes.
- Optional HP 3PAR Thin Provisioning Software eliminates array planning by enabling administrators to provision storage just once for the lifetime of an application.
- Integration with HP CloudSystem Matrix provide a simplified way to provision and scale storage for public and private cloud environments.
- Use of optional HP 3PAR Dynamic Optimization and Adaptive Optimization Software enables HP 3PAR StoreServ 10000 Storage to meet service level changes autonomically, intelligently, and without active management.
- Maximum, depending on model
- Drive description:
- SFF/LFF Fibre Channel/SATA/SAS/SSD
- (48) 3PAR 40-drive chassis
- Maximum drives per enclosure:
- Host interface:
- 8 Gb/sec Fibre Channel (192) Ports
- 10 Gb/sec iSCSI (32) Ports
- Maximum, depending on model
- Storage controller:
- (8) 3PAR Quad-core 2.8GHz P10000 Controller Node; Maximum, depending on model
- Availability features:
- Redundant power supplies and fans
- Redundant batteries
- A minimum of dual redundant controllers
- RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID MP for data protection
- High availability cage and high availability magazine
- Maximum supported, depending on model
- Compatible operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 2003
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Hyper-V
- VMware ESX and ESXi
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES)
- Citrix XenServer
- IBM AIX
- Oracle Linux
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle UEK
- HP OpenVMS
- OpenVMS will be available via Registered Release only
* Prices are recommended retail price and may fluctuate as a result of Dollar/Rand exchange. Subject to availability.
Open menu: Select another location or language-Close menu: Select another location or language South Africa