- For Home
- For Business
- For Home
- For Business
- The HP 5500 EI Switch Series delivers resiliency, security, and multiservice support capabilities at the edge layer of large campus and branch networks. The HP 5500 EI delivers flexibility, scalability and low TCO with a robust feature set supporting IRF stacking, Static & RIP Routing, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, PoE+, ACLs, and IPv6.
The HP 5500 EI Switch Series can be managed with the HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) for a single view of your entire network.
- Supports up to 4 modular 10GbE ports for uplink and stacking
- 24 port SFP model for flexible deployment
- 740W of PoE+ power
- OpenFlow 1.3 support
- Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years 24x7 phone support
Resilient, Improved Security and Scalable Access Layer Switches
The HP 5500 EI Switch Series delivers resiliency, security, and multiservice support at the edge layer of your data center and large campus networks.
The HP Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) virtualizes up to nine physical switches into one logical device for simpler, flatter, more agile networks. The 5500 EI has IPv6 support and fully featured L2/L3 functionality, including RIP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, and PIM.
Provides scalable stacking with modular 10GbE uplinks (SFP+ and 10GBASE-T) and up to 740W of PoE+ power with internal power supply.
Includes software-defined network (SDN) capabilities with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future proofing your network.
Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years 24x7 phone support and no software licensing required.
Higher Network Performance
The 5500 EI Switch Series is designed with hardware-based wire-speed access control lists (ACLs) to provide high levels of security and ease of administration without impacting network performance with a feature-rich TCAM-based ACL implementation.
Non-blocking architecture delivers up to 192 Gbps of wire-speed switching with a non-blocking switching fabric and up to 143 million pps throughput.
Powerful Quality of Service (QoS) for Traffic Classification
The HP 5500 EI Switch Series supports advanced classifier-based QoS which classifies traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a port, VLAN, or whole switch.
Creates traffic classes based on ACLs, IEEE 802.1p precedence, IP, and DSCP or Type of Service (ToS) precedence; supports filter, redirect, mirror, or remark.
Provides extensive traffic prioritization with congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), weighted random early discard (WRED), weighted deficit round robin (WDRR), SP+WDRR, and SP+WFQ.
Comprehensive Security Control and Single View of the Network
The HP 5500 EI Switch Series supports flexible authentication methods including 802.1X, MAC, and Web Authentication for greater security and policy-driven application authentication.
Identity-driven security and access control with automatic VLAN assignment and per-user ACLs allows access to specific network services without risking network security. Security features include: IP source guard, DHCPv6 snooping, STP BPDU port protection, RADIUS/HWTACACS, and SSL.
Can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management.
RMON and sFlow provides advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events.
- 48 10/100/1000 and 4 dual-personality ports, maximum, or 24 fixed Gigabit Ethernet SFP and 8 dual-personality ports
- 2 port expansion module slots
- PoE+ available, depending on model
- 142.9 million pps, maximum, depending on model
- Routing/switching capacity:
- 192 Gbps, maximum, depending on model
- PoE capability:
- 740 W, maximum, depending on model
- Stacking capabilities:
- IRF, with 9 switches
- Management features:
- IMC - Intelligent Management Center
- command-line interface
- Web browser
- SNMP Manager
- IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MIB
* Prices are recommended retail price and may fluctuate as a result of Dollar/Rand exchange. Subject to availability.