- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
- For Home
- For Business
- By industry
WLAN Access Points
HP M200 802.11n Access Point Series
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The HP M200 802.11n Access Point provides wireless connectivity for your expanding network. Take full advantage of the next-generation IEEE 802.11n standard with the M200 access point's dual-band capability while simultaneously supporting IEEE 802.11a or 802.11b/g devices.
The new Web user interface makes the M200 access point easy to set up, yet retains key functionality to keep your sensitive data secure.
- Secure and easy-to-use Web UI: Quick setup page: consolidates key settings into one page for simple and rapid configuration for common deployment scenarios. HTTPS secured management sessions: prevent management sessions from being observed on the network.
- Integration with HP PCM: enables discovery and mapping via HP PCM, available as a free download from the Web; provides all the basic tools needed to handle a network effectively, along with a 60-day trial version of HP PCM+
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): automated device discovery protocol provides easy mapping by network management applications
- Manager, operator privilege levels: provides read-only (operator) and read-write (manager) access levels for Web management
- Fully IEEE 802.11n-compliant dual-band access point: 2.4 GHz frequency band support: uses your IEEE 802.11n wireless clients alongside legacy IEEE 802.11b/g devices. 5 GHz frequency band support: operates your IEEE 802.11n and 802.11a devices in the 5 GHz spectrum, which has less interference from microwave ovens, Bluetooth® devices, and cordless phones .
- IEEE 802.3af PoE-powered device (PD) option: simplifies deployment and dramatically reduces installation costs by helping to eliminate the time and cost involved in supplying local power at each access point location
- Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on the 10/100/1000 port
- Spanning Tree Protocol (IEEE 802.1D): prevents network loops
- Four wireless communities: consolidates Quality of Service, security, and VLAN settings into one easy-to-manage identifier per SSID
- Service-class segmentation: Up to four SSIDs (one per wireless community): allows administrator to identify multiple service sets for clients to access. Up to four VLANs (one per wireless community): IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging provides security between workgroups. Wireless community-based prioritization: allows the administrator to help ensure that key network traffic is prioritized by weighting specific wireless communities.
- Auto Channel Select (ACS): helps reduce radio co-channel interference by automatically selecting an unoccupied radio channel
- Wireless Distribution System (WDS) modes: Access Point and WDS Bridge, Access Point Only, WDS Bridge Only, and Monitor: allow HP V-M200 802.11n Access Points to connect wirelessly to other HP V-M200 802.11n Access Points without a wired backbone; this is useful for extending the network across areas where no wired infrastructure exists.
- Interoperability: meets Wi-Fi Alliance certifications, including IEEE 802.11n Wi-Fi and WPA2 to help provide multivendor interoperability
- AP client access control functions: - IEEE 802.1X authentication using EAP-SIM, EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, and PEAP. - MAC address authentication using local or RADIUS access lists. - RADIUS AAA using EAP-MD5, PAP, CHAP, and MS-CHAPv2. - Layer 2 wireless client isolation.
- RADIUS-based MAC authentication: authenticates a wireless client with a RADIUS server based on the MAC address of the client; this is useful for clients with minimal or no user interface
- Choice of IEEE 802.11i, WPA2, or WPA: locks out unauthorized wireless access by authenticating users prior to granting network access; robust Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) encryption secures the data integrity of wireless traffic
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): encrypts all HTTP traffic, allowing secure access to the browser-based management interface of the access point
- Local wireless bridge client traffic filtering: when enabled, prevents communication between wireless devices associated with the same access point
* Prices are recommended retail price and may fluctuate as a result of Dollar/Rand exchange. Subject to availability.