- For Home
- For Business
HP 830 Unified Wired-WLAN Switch Series
Special Offer: Special Offers:
- The IEEE 802.11ac-ready HP 830 Unified Wired-WLAN Switch Series integrates both wireless controller and 1000 Mb/s Ethernet switch functions. The switch series provides 1000 Mb/s Ethernet ports, with each supporting a maximum power of up to 30 W PoE+ and IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n APs while delivering unified wired and wireless access control functions.
The HP 830 24-Port PoE+ Unified Wired-WLAN Switch provides two 10GbE slots on the rear panel to relieve transmission bottleneck at the core of a WLAN network. The HP 830 Unified Wired-WLAN Switch Series are part of the HPN Mobility enterprise solution.
This product set provides edge-to-core unified access and consistent WLAN services to small/medium branch offices for enterprises that are deploying the HP 10500/7500 20G Unified Wired-WLAN Module at their central (or main) office.
- Wi-Fi Clear Connect: provides a system-wide approach to help ensure WLAN reliability by proactively determining and adjusting to changing RF conditions and by identifying rogue activity and enforcing prevention policies, and optimizing WLAN performance by detecting interference from Wi-Fi and non-Wi-Fi sources using spectrum analysis capabilities built into specific HP access points (refer to the HP Access Point—Controller Compatibility Matrix).
- Advanced radio resource management: Automatic radio power adjustments: include real-time power adjustments based on changing environmental conditions and signal coverage adjustments. Automatic radio channel: provides intelligent channel switching and real-time interferencedetection. Intelligent client load balancing: balances the number of clients across multiple APs to improve AP and client throughput. Airtime fairness: helps ensure equal RF transmission time for wireless clients.
- Spectrum analysis: Signal detection/classification: identifies source of RF interference, for example, Bluetooth®, cordless phones, and microwave ovens. Evaluation of channel quality: helps detect severe channel degradation and improves the reporting of poor RF performance.
- Band Navigation: enables automatic redirection of 5 GHz-capable clients to the less-congested 5 GHz spectrum
- Enterprise network management: is provided by HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) platform software and the HP IMC Wireless Services Manager Software Module, which effectively integrate traditionally disparate management tools into one easy-to-use interface
Quality of Service (QoS)
- IEEE 802.1p prioritization: delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Web-based authentication: provides a browser-based environment to authenticate clients that do not support the IEEE 802.1X supplicant
- IEEE 802.1X and RADIUS network logins: supports port-based and SSID-based IEEE 802.1X authentication and accounting
- WEP, WPA2, or WPA encryption: can be deployed at the AP to lock out unauthorized wireless access by authenticating users prior to granting network access; robust Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) encryption secures the data integrity of wireless traffic
- Integrated Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS) support: provides support for hybrid and dedicated modes; detects flood, spoofing, and weak IV attacks; displays statistics (events) and history; supports configuration of detection policies
- Integrated Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS): automatically identifies and classifies all APs and stations; enables packet-trigger containment via knowledge-based heuristics; protects against honeypot attacks and enforces STA security; detects Denial Of Service (DoS) attacks via pre-defined DoS attacks, and provides a Signature mechanism which allows admins to define custom rules; enables Virtual Service Domains to deploy security policies by department or location for example.
- IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+): provides 30 W of support per port for PoE+-capable devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras, as well as any IEEE 802.3af-compliant end device; eliminates the cost of additional electrical cabling that would be needed in IP phone and WLAN deployments; the HP 830 8-Port PoE+ Unified Wired-WLAN Switch supports up to 5 ports at 30 W; the 24-port model can support up to 24 ports at up to 30 W depending on the power source
- Loopback: supports internal loopback testing for maintenance purposes and an increase in availability; loopback detection protects against incorrect cabling or network configurations and can be enabled on a per-port or per-VLAN basis for added flexibility
- IPv6: IPv6 host: enables controllers to be managed and deployed at the IPv6 network's edge. Dual stack (IPv4 and IPv6): transitions customers from IPv4 to IPv6, supporting connectivity for both protocols. MLD snooping: directs IPv6 multicast traffic to the appropriate interface, preventing traffic flooding. IPv6 ACL/QoS: supports ACL and QoS for IPv6 network traffic .
- NAT support: NAT traversal: helps ensure that communication between a branch office AP and HP 870 is supported when the branch uses NAT.. Integrated NAT support: replaces the private source IP address with a public address; enables multiple internal addresses to be mapped to the same public IP address; permits only certain internal IP addresses to be NAT'ed, and provides an Application Layer Gateway that supports specific application protocols without requiring the NAT platform to be modified..
- EIA standard 19-inch telco rack or equipment cabinet (hardware included)
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage:
- 100 - 240 VAC
- Operating temperature range:
- 0 to 45°C
- Operating humidity range:
- 5 to 95% (noncondensing)
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Lifetime, advance replacement, next business day, phone support, software releases
* Prices are recommended retail price and may fluctuate as a result of Dollar/Rand exchange. Subject to availability.