- For Home
- For Business
HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw Multifunction Printer (CE844A)
- SELECT AN AUTHORIZED PARTNER SELECT AN AUTHORIZED PARTNER
R 2.318,41 incl. VATHPonline provides direct FREE delivery anywhere in SA, No Minimum order value HPonline provides direct FREE delivery anywhere in SA, No Minimum order valueHPonline provides direct FREE delivery anywhere in SA, No Minimum order valueThank you for selecting an HP ePreferred Partner. Please select "BUY NOW" to leave the HP website and continue to the selected Partner site.
HP Shop online
(* Limited Stock)
R 2.499 incl. VAT
myHP South Africa
R 2.501,87 incl. VATThank you for selecting an HP ePreferred Partner. Please select "BUY NOW" to leave the HP website and continue to the selected Partner site.
- Tackle everyday office tasks with an affordable, full-featured MFP. Plug and print with HP Smart Install1. Easily print, copy, scan and fax from one compact machine. Share resources with Ethernet networking or work anywhere with wireless2.
- Ideal for business users with home or small offices who need an affordable, compact, full-featured HP LaserJet MFP for everyday office functions – printing, copying, scanning, faxing and wireless connectivity.
Be more efficient with this affordable, full-featured MFP.
- Share on a network and work from anywhere in the office, using built-in Ethernet and wireless connectivity2.
- Create professional-quality documents with bold, crisp text and sharp images, using HP Original print cartridges.
- Send and receive faxes from your PC, using the 33.6 kbps fax.
- Print documents at up to 18 ppm A4. With Instant-on Technology, pages start and finish printing quickly: get a first page out in as fast as 8.5 seconds.
Get up and running quickly and easily.
- Plug and print in as fast as five minutes: HP Smart Install1 makes it easy to start printing from a PC or Netbook – no CD required.
- Set up and start printing fast with an easy-to-use, intuitive control panel. Easily make a one-sided copy of a two-sided identification card with ID Copy.
- Connect the MFP directly to a PC or Netbook via the included Hi-speed USB 2.0 port.
- Ensure reliable printing with an HP all-in-one print cartridge. Easily replace it with HP SureSupply3.
Reduce your environmental impact and protect your bottom line.
- Get up to 50% energy savings using Instant-on Technology4 and save up to four times the energy with Instant-on Copy5. Save even more with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology which senses your printing activity, turning on and off automatically6.
- Reduce waste: a pre-installed cartridge decreases packaging. Recycle easily with HP Planet Partners7.
- Get more value and better results with the services, solutions, software and support of HP Total Care.
- Save energy with an ENERGY STAR® qualified MFP.
1 HP Smart Install works with Windows only.
2 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections.
3 Programme features and availability may vary by country. For more information, visit www.hp.com/learn/suresupply.
4 Energy savings based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® programme’s Typical Energy Consumption (TEC) method on HP LaserJet products with Instant-on Technology vs. top competitive models as of March 2009.
5 When compared with fluorescent tubes, Instant-on Copy with LED technology drops energy use by 4 times in idle mode and 1.4 times in copy mode.
6 HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer settings.
7 HP toner cartridge return and recycling is available in 49 countries and territories around the world, covering 88% of the addressable market; see www.hp.com/recycle for details.
- Print, copy, scan, fax
- Multitasking supported:
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 18 ppm
- (Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software program, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 8.5 sec (from Auto-Off)
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 8000 pages
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
250 to 2000
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology:
- Print quality black (best):
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi (1200 effective dpi with HP FastRes 1200)
- Print languages:
- 2-line LCD
- Processor speed:
- 400 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor:
- HP ePrint capability:
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, HP wireless direct printing, Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability:
- Yes, built-in WiFi 802.11b/g/n
- Connectivity, standard:
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port, 10/100Base-T Ethernet network port, RJ-11 Telephone port, Wireless 802.11b/g/n
- Network ready:
- Standard (built-in Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b/g/n)
- Connectivity, optional:
- Minimum system requirements
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008: 1 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, 700 MB free hard disk space, SVGA 800 x 600 with 16-bit colour display, Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher, USB or Ethernet port;
Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5, v10.6; PowerPC G3, G4, G5, or Intel® processors; 1 GB RAM; 200 MB available hard disk space; CD-ROM drive; USB or network port
- Compatible operating systems:
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003
- Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5, v10.6
- Linux (see hplip.net)
- Memory card compatibility:
- Memory, standard:
- 64 MB
- Memory, maximum:
- 64 MB
- Hard disk:
- Paper handling input, standard:
- 150-sheet input tray, 35-sheet automatic document feeder
- Paper handling output, standard:
- 100-sheet face-down bin
- Duplex printing:
- Manual (driver support provided)
- Media sizes supported:
- A4; A5; ISO B5; ISO C5; ISO C5/6; ISO C6; ISO DL; 16K; European postcard
- Media sizes, custom:
- 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types:
- Paper (plain, laser), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cardstock, postcards
- Media weights, supported:
- 60 to 163 g/m²
- Scanner type:
- Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format:
- JPEG, TIF (compressed and uncompressed), PDF, GIF, BMP
- Scan resolution, optical:
- Up to 1200 dpi
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum:
- 216 x 297 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum:
- 216 x 356 mm
- Scan speed (normal, A4)
Up to 7.4 ppm (b&w), up to 3 ppm (color)
(Scan speeds measured from ADF. Actual processing speeds may vary depending on scan resolution, network conditions, computer performance, and application software. )
- Duplex ADF scanning:
- Automatic document feeder capacity:
- Standard, 35 sheets
- Digital sending standard features:
- Scan to E-mail; scan to application; scan to file (all from PC only)
- File formats, supported:
- Copy speed (normal)
- Black:Up to 18 cpm
- Copy resolution (black text):
- Up to 600 x 400 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics):
- Up to 600 x 400 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings:
- 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum:
- Up to 99 copies
- Fax transmission speed:
- 33.6 kbps
- Fax note:
- Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.
- Fax memory:
- Up to 500 pages
- Fax resolution:
- Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Speed dials, maximum number:
- Up to 100 numbers
Power and operating requirements
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)
- Power consumption
370 watts (active printing), 245 watts (active copy or scan), 4.8 watts (standby), 3.4 watts (sleep), 0.2 watts (off); Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC): 0.960 kWh/Week
(Values subject to change. See http://www.hp.com/support for current information. Power numbers are the highest values measured using all standard voltages. Default time from Ready-Mode to Auto-Off: 15 minutes)
- Energy efficiency:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range:
- 10 to 32.5º C
- Operating humidity range:
- 10 to 80% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 435 x 265 x 306 mm
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H):
- 435 x 365 x 306 mm
- 8.3 kg
- Package weight:
- 10.8 kg
- What's in the box:
- HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw MFP
- power cord(s)
- phone cord(s)
- 150-sheet input tray
- output tray
- introductory HP LaserJet Black print cartridge (average cartridge yield 700 standard pages, declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752)
- Readiris PRO text recognition software
- CD(s) with software and documentation
- Installation Guide
- support flyer
- Errata sheet
- Discovery Sheet
- Ferrite with flyer
- Warranty Guide (where applicable)
- USB cable
- Cable included:
- Yes, 1 USB
- Software included:
- Host-based print drivers, TWAIN, WIA, Scan-To application, XPS driver, Mac driver, Send Fax, Toolbox, Wireless configuration utility
- One-year limited warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements.
- Eco Highlights
• Save energy: HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, and off when you don’t.
• Save up to four times the energy with Instant-on Copy.
• Reduce clutter and waste – scan, store and share documents digitally.
 HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer settings.
 When compared with fluorescent tubes, Instant-on Copy with LED technology drops energy use by 4 times in idle mode and 1.4 times in copy mode.
• Please recycle your computer hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- Quick Links
Rate & Review HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw Multifunction Printer
(0.0 average / 0 RATINGS / 0 RECOMMENDS)
Your review has been submitted. Please note that your review may need to be reviewed and may not post immediately Sorry, your review can't be submitted. Please, try again later. rate & write a review
* Prices are recommended retail price and may fluctuate as a result of Dollar/Rand exchange. Subject to availability.