HP Pioneers Enterprise Print Technology that Combines Manageability Features, Cost Savings
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today unveiled the industry’s first inkjet devices designed to meet the complex needs of today’s large businesses.
The HP Officejet Enterprise Color MFP X585 and HP Officejet Enterprise Color X555 are powered by HP PageWide Technology, which takes proven, advanced commercial printing technologies and scales them to a new class of enterprise printers. The HP Officejet Enterprise series devices are enterprise ready with tested durability(1) to handle the rigorous printing demands of enterprise businesses—printing at twice the speed(2) and at up to half the cost per page(3) of lasers.
“Never before has an ink-based device been fully capable of meeting the performance requirements that large organizations demand,” said Dion Weisler, executive vice president, Printing and Personal Systems, HP. “CIOs and IT decision makers can be confident that the HP Officejet Enterprise series provides employees exceptional enterprise-grade security, fleet management and mobile printing options along with the fastest speed(2) and lowest total cost of ownership.”(3)
These devices come fully loaded with enterprise functionality and a familiar IT experience, including the same user interface as 12 million HP enterprise LaserJet printers. In addition, they support the latest HP LaserJet FutureSmart firmware and HP Open Extensibility Platform (OXP) so that enterprise software and solutions—including HP Access Control and HP Capture & Route—can be easily accessed through one button on the device.
The series also includes a scan-optimized HP Flow bundle, providing an on-ramp to the digitized world with faster and more accurate enterprise-grade scanning and document processing that speed the transition from a paper to digital office.
Building on the success of the HP Officejet Pro X devices with small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and distributed enterprises, the HP Officejet Enterprise series scales HP PageWide Technology to expand choice for enterprise customers. In fact, more than 60 billion pages have been printed using HP PageWide Technology.(4) In Managed Print Services environments, these devices deliver greater cost savings with the lowest cost per page in color,(5) and provides spot or accent color mode, which includes a small logo or line of hyperlink text, at the same price as black-and-white prints.
The HP Officejet Enterprise series prints at up to 72 pages per minute in general office mode, which is up to twice as fast as in-class competitive printers.(2) In addition, this series requires up to 84 percent less power while printing(6) and up to 25 percent less power by ENERGY STAR® TEC method(7) than competing laser printers.
Pricing and availability(8)
The HP Officejet Enterprise Color MFP X585 and HP Officejet Enterprise Color X555 are expected to be available worldwide on April 1. The HP Officejet Enterprise Color MFP X585 pricing options range between $1,999 and $2,799, while the HP X555 pricing options range between $749 and $1,199.
Additional information about new HP imaging and printing devices and software solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/officejetenterprisex.
(1) Durability testing performed by Buyers Lab showing HP Officejet Enterprise Series completed 188,000 pages without failure. Head-to-head testing against leading competitors showed HP Officejet Enterprise Series printed 75,000 pages with no failures or paper jams.
(2) Comparison based on manufacturers’ published specifications of fastest available U.S. Letter print speeds for A4 color (as of November 2013) and includes color laser MFPs ≤$3,000, based on market share as reported by IDC as of Q3 2013 and HP internal testing of printer in fastest available color mode (sample four-page category documents tested from ISO 24734) for the competing printers in U.S. Letter mode. Additional information is available at hp.com/go/printerspeeds.
(3) TCO comparison based on HP internal research of manufacturers’ published specifications, manufacturers’ suggested retail prices, cost per page based on ISO yield with continuous printing in default mode with high-capacity cartridges and long life consumables (as of November 2013) including majority of color laser MFPs <$3,000 USD. Details are available at hp.com/go/officejet and hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
(4) HP internal research on devices with Page Wide Array, March 4, 2014. Based on usage on the HP CM8060/8050 Color MFP, the HP Inkjet Web Press portfolio T200/T300/T400, HP Officejet Pro X MFP and other printers with HP PageWide Technology totaling more than 60 billion pages printed.
(5) Cost per page (CPP) claim is based on the majority of color laser MFPs ≤$3,000 as of December 2013, based on market share as reported by IDC as of Q3 2013. ISO yield is based on continuous printing in default mode. CPP comparisons for laser supplies are based on published specifications of the manufacturers’ highest-capacity cartridges. Details are available at hp.com/go/officejet. CPP based on HP 980 ink cartridges’ estimated street price. Additional information available at hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
(6) Based on internal research. HP Officejet Enterprise series requires up to 80 watts to print. The weighted average for competing devices is 508 watts.
(7) Energy claim based on testing comparisons of major competitors in default modes by Buyers Lab Inc., March 2014.
(8) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com