HP Powers Retailers’ Omnichannel Strategies at National Retail Federation Convention
NEW YORK – HP this week is demonstrating its full portfolio of solutions that help retailers offer customers a more seamless, or “omnichannel,” experience across all sales channels in Booth 1617 at the National Retail Federation (NRF) show.
HP is showcasing products and services that include mobile and traditional point of sale (POS) systems, self-service checkout, interactive signage, printing, big data and analytics, and infrastructure solutions.
“One of the biggest struggles retailers face is providing shoppers with a consistent experience across web, mobile and in-store channels,” said Ray Carlin, vice president and general manager, Retail Solutions, HP. “HP has a broad portfolio of end-to-end solutions from traditional and mobile POS systems to interactive and self-service solutions that enable retailers to provide a seamless experience with maximum engagement across key customer touch points.”
HP is showing a number of solutions for the first time at NRF, including:
- The HP RP7 Retail System, a versatile all-in-one system with a sleek and stylish design ideal for retail or hospitality environments.
- The RP3 Retail System, which offers retailers a compact design that maximizes space without compromising on key connectivity features for needed peripherals such as barcode scanners, receipt printers and magnetic stripe readers.
- The new HP ElitePad and accessories for the enterprise—a tablet that gives retailers the flexibility to service the customer anywhere in the store and enables sales associates to find information or items that may not be on the store floor, greatly enhancing the customer experience.
Other HP solutions and demonstrations in the booth include:
- HP Interactive Signage showcases the flexibility of interactive in-store solutions and customer-engaging applications, including HP’s micro-bezel displays for video walls. These solutions are designed to easily integrate into a retailer’s existing infrastructure and in-store architecture. One of the very few brands offering comprehensive digital signage solutions, HP can deliver quick and easy access to information, entertainment and other applications. Also on display are HP Media Players optimized for smooth and reliable playback of digital signage media and demanding digital-signage duty cycles.
- HP Retail Touch Monitors (available in 15- and 17-inch diagonal displays) offer maximum usability and durability, with flush-glass design and features. The monitors include projective capacitive touch technology—the same intuitive, highly responsive and familiar touch offered on tablets and smartphones. They can be used as customer-facing displays paired with a POS system, or can be wall mounted.(1)
- Self-checkout Solutions—including the HP CX1, which is a cost-effective, flexible, self-checkout solution in a small configuration—help retailers manage lines and handle peak-hour traffic by offering customers the option of scanning their own items. HP also offers Self-service Solutions in the form of customized and scalable hardware kiosks for in-store promotions, instant coupons and sharing product information.
- HP Autonomy Analytics Solutions can help retailers realize comprehensive return on investment (ROI) from marketing programs. These solutions enable marketers to blend clickstream data with unstructured, human information and other third-party data to gain a more complete and actionable understanding of customer interests and sentiments. The Autonomy Marketing Performance Suite is a powerful way to manage Big Data for building a clear competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- HP Printables allow retailers to send personalized coupons and content on demand directly to HP web-connected printers. Consumers get the smart savings they want and retailers get a cost-effective, safeguarded and scalable way of marketing to them.
Join the Tweet-up on Tuesday, Jan. 15 at 11 am ET at the HP booth for a discussion on “Digital Signage that Delivers on the Omni-channel Promise.” It will include demos from HP and digital signage partners including Reflect Systems, SapientNitro, Scala and YCD. The Tweet-up is aimed at bloggers and other attendees who want to see what is possible with HP’s innovative signage solutions.
(1) Mounting hardware sold separately.
This news advisory contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Contactos de medios
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.