HP Redefines Server Economics with HP ProLiant G6 Portfolio
- The HP Sea of Sensors – automatically track thermal activity across the server through a collection of 32 smart sensors. The sensors dynamically adjust system components such as fans, memory and input/output processing to optimize system cooling and increase efficiency.
- The Common Power Slot design – helps minimize power waste by allowing customers to choose from four power supplies to match their specific workload. Customers can achieve more than 92 percent energy efficiency in the majority of real-world configurations.(1)
- HP Dynamic Power Capping – reallocates power and cooling resources in the data center by dynamically setting or “capping” the power drawn by servers. By precisely identifying power requirements for each server and setting a limit based on that usage, customers can reclaim overprovisioned energy to improve data center capacity.
- HP ProLiant Onboard Administrator – simplifies server setup and enables customers to inspect server health from any location, even when a server is offline.
- HP Insight Control Environment (ICE) management console – bundled with HP ProLiant for the first time, ICE reduces operational expenses up to $48,000 for every 100 users by allowing customers to control the management and monitoring of the server infrastructure onsite or remotely.(2)
- HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 Ethernet module – the industry’s first interconnect technology to allocate the bandwidth of a 10Gb Ethernet network port across four network interface card connections. This eliminates the need for additional network hardware equipment, and enables customers deploying virtual machines to realize savings of up to 55 percent in network equipment costs.(3)
- Nehalem Intel® Xeon® 5500 processors and new HP Smart Array Modular Controllers – HP ProLiant G6 delivers twice the memory and storage of previous generations as well as a 100 percent increase in overall performance.(4)
- HP Server Migration Pack – eases the upgrade process by automating migration from old servers to the HP ProLiant G6. Through a simple wizard-driven process, it accurately transfers operating systems, applications and data from one server to another without errors.
- HP Proactive Select – a simple credit point system that allows customers to build their service plan via a flexible menu of prepackaged options. Similar to a prepaid calling card, users can buy volume-based discounted credits for accessing services and education offered by HP experts.
- HP Financial Services – offers flexible financing options on the HP ProLiant G6 server portfolio, including zero percent financing in selected countries.(5) In addition, HP can help customers free up cash through the purchase and “lease back” of existing assets via a Sale Leaseback Service.
Hewlett-Packard (Schweiz) GmbH
Tel: 058 444 53 08
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.