HP Unveils Powerful Performance Enhancements for Thin Clients
One of the world’s best-selling thin clients, the HP t5740e now delivers improved responsiveness and multimedia experiences with up to 15 percent less CPU utilization than before, and simultaneous support for up to four digital displays when configured with new available optional features.
Featuring a choice of the HP t100 or t150 Zero Clients, the HP MultiSeat Solution has been expanded to provide improved end-user performance over previous offerings with the inclusion of the HP Compaq MultiSeat ms6200 Desktop. HP MultiSeat provides a familiar, individual Windows computing experience to as many as 10 users from the power of a single, efficient, reliable HP business desktop.
The enhanced portfolio reinforces HP’s position as the worldwide market leader in thin client shipments.(1)
HP t5740e Thin Client provides rich, PC-like experience
The HP t5740e features Intel® Atom dual-threaded processors and the Microsoft® Windows® Embedded Standard 7 operating system with support for RDP 7.1 and Microsoft RemoteFX to deliver a rich, PC-like user experience. A robust access device for Citrix, Microsoft or VMware environments, the t5740e supports a wide range of applications and multiple, simultaneous environments.
Ideal for the security and high-performance multimedia needs of financial services institutions and government agencies, the HP t5740e can now be configured with the following optional features:
- A Broadcom Crystal HD mini-PCIe hardware accelerator enables the t5740e to deliver enhanced video playback and graphics performance over previous models for local browsing and to deliver the Citrix HDX protocol – while significantly reducing the workload of the CPU for seamless delivery of business-related application tasks.
- Support for up to four simultaneous digital displays of content, with AMD FirePro 2270 Dual Head PCIe and ATI FirePro 2460 Quad Head PCIe cards for greater graphics performance and user productivity.
“The new configurations available on the t5740e demonstrate why HP is a leader in performance-based thin computing and sells more Windows-based thin clients than our next five competitors combined,” said Jeff Groudan, director, Commercial Desktop and Thin Client Marketing, HP. “We are excited to bring the upgraded t5740e to market delivering this type of performance, efficiency and user productivity at an industry-leading value.”
“Microsoft RemoteFX enables a broader range of client devices to enter the market by delivering a rich end-user experience. HP’s t5740e Thin Client is an example,” said Mike Schutz, senior director, Windows Server and Cloud Product Management, Microsoft. “We’re excited to partner with HP to deliver the latest in virtualization technology.”
Expanded HP MultiSeat portfolio
By expanding its HP MultiSeat Solution with the HP Compaq ms6200 Desktop, HP becomes the only company to offer a complete, fully licensed and supported Microsoft Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 solution from a single vendor, with a host PC featuring the powerful yet efficient second-generation Intel Core™ i5 or i7 processors(2) for enhanced performance.
The availability of Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 operating system on both the new HP ms6200 and existing HP ms6005 Series Desktops provides end-users with richer user sessions through Flash and QuickTime acceleration. Additional MultiSeat updates include:
- User-account privileges and unique IP/MAC addresses for up to 10 seats for added security and flexibility.
- USB keys that allow private, localized access for individual clients and user-accessible USB ports on the HP t150 Zero Client.
Pricing and availability(3)
The new performance versions of the HP t5740e Thin Client are expected to be available in August:
- Broadcom Crystal HD mini-PCIe hardware accelerator for enhanced video playback and graphics performance at $529.
- Broadcom Crystal HD mini-PCIe hardware accelerator, plus AMD FirePro 2270 Dual Head PCIe card for dual digital display performance at $669.
- Broadcom Crystal HD mini-PCIe hardware accelerator, plus ATI FirePro 2460 Quad Head PCIe card for quad digital display support at $949.
HP MultiSeat, comprising the HP t100 or t150 Zero Clients for MultiSeat and choice of HP Compaq MultiSeat ms6200 or ms6005 Series Desktops, is available now at a starting price of $639.
HP’s virtualization offerings, including the solutions above, will be on display at Microsoft Tech•Ed 2011 in HP booth 1201. More information on HP’s thin clients and virtualization solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/thincomputing and www.hp.com/go/clientvirtualization.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) “Q410 Enterprise Client Device Tracker,” IDC, February 2011.
(2) 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Additional information is available at www.intel.com/info/em64t. Dual/Quad/Triple Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology.
(3) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Core are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corp. in the United States and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. AMD and ATI are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2011 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.