HP Reveals Stylish and Affordable Windows Notebook PCs and Tablets Perfect for Holiday
PALO ALTO, Calif., Sept. 29, 2014 — HP today expanded the innovative HP Stream line-up of thin and light Windows products that leverage the cloud and make it easy to work and play from more places with the addition of two new notebook PCs and two new tablets.
“Today’s consumers demand mobile products that fit their personal style and allow them to work and play where ever they are,” said Mike Nash, vice president, Product Management, Consumer Personal Systems, HP. “The HP Stream products announced today hit the mark with sleek design, portability, access to free cloud storage, and the familiarity of Windows and Office 365.”
A NEW kind of notebook PC -- HP Stream
The innovative HP Stream is a new kind of Windows notebook PC that provides unsurpassed value in a thin and light package, and includes value-added services with free cloud storage for instant access and sharing of content with 1TB of Microsoft OneDrive for one year(1); Office 365 Personal for one year(2) to edit, share or collaborate in real-time; and a $25 gift card in the box to use for anything from the Wndows App Store such as apps, videos, or XBOX games.(4) The HP Stream 13.3” includes an optional 200MB of free 4G data each month with no annual contract for the life of the device.(3)
In the past customers have had to choose between expensive thin and light or less expensive PCs that were typically thicker and heavier. HP Stream customers can enjoy the best of both worlds in a thin, light and affordable notebook PC with the power for most every day computing tasks.
Customers can enjoy entertainment in high-definition (HD) with an 11.6” HD display or 13.3” HD optional touch display.(5) While the innovative fanless design with high efficiency Intel ® Celeron ™ processor and 32GB of eMMC flash memory allows for quiet, cool operation and quick file recall. Stunning colors and stylish gradient design available in Orchid Magenta and Horizon Blue are sure to turn heads.
The HP Stream portfolio also includes the recently announced 14-inch HP Stream notebook. Sleek design, value-added cloud services and long battery life(6) make the HP Stream an attractive mobile device for on-the-go customers.
Stay connected and do more with HP Stream Tablets
The HP Stream 7 and HP Stream 8 Windows tablets keep customers connected to work, friends and content all at an exceptional value. The cloud-connected, Intel-powered 7” and 8” tablets include one year of Office 365 Personal and 60 minutes of Skype each month,(3) 1TB of Microsoft OneDrive storage for one year,(1) and a full Windows 8.1 experience. The HP Stream 8 tablet includes an optional 200MB of free 4G data each month with no annual contract for the life of the device.(2)
Customers can fully personalize their tablet with Start screen, live tiles and a dynamic lock screen and with multi-user support built-in, sharing the tablet between users is easy.
HP Connected apps aggregates customers’ digital content in one place
Easily share, create and play with the HP Connected suite of apps included on HP Stream notebooks and tablets. HP Connected apps combine customers’ digital content including photos, music, and apps--all in one place, and make it easier to enjoy music, photos and digital files from multiple sources in a convenient way.
- HP Connected Music(7) lets customers listen to music from multiple sources including their local library and streaming services.
- HP Connected Photo(8) aggregates customer photos from multiple sources in one place.
- Access files across multiple platforms from PCs to tablets and smartphones to online services in one place with HP Connected Drive.(9)
Pricing and Availability (10)
The HP Stream products announced today are expected to be available in the United States beginning in November at www.hpshopping.com and select retailers.
- The HP Stream 11.6”diagonal starts at $199.99.
- The HP Stream 13.3” diagonal starts at $229.99.
- The HP Stream 7 Tablet starts at $99.99.
- The HP Stream 8 Tablet starts at $149.99.
(1) The OneDrive free cloud storage offer is available for a limited time. Check the activation card inside the package for details. For more information, go to http://onedrive.com/windowsoffer.
(2) Office 365 Personal 1-year with activation required within limited time. Internet access is required and not included. For more information, see www.office.com/information. Sixty minutes of Skype per month is included with subscription to Office 365. Actual application must be downloaded from skype.com.
(3) Limited time offer; subject to change. Select SKUs, available at select retailers. Free data avail. every 30 days as long as you have an active Mobile Internet account on eligible device. No roaming. Usage applied first to passes, next to free data, then Mobile Internet allotment. Service starts on date of activation and is not available everywhere. Data connection speed can vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. See coverage details at www.T-Mobile.com. Use or activation of service is your agreement to T-Mobile’s Terms and Conditions. Available on select SKUs in U.S. only. See www.T-Mobile.com for current rates.
(4) Limited Time Offer and available in select countries. To redeem, visit www.Microsoft.com/HPStream for information on the offer, availability, and terms. Internet service required and not included. Microsoft account required to install apps from the Windows App Store. Gift card included with purchase. Restrictions apply.
(5) Available in select retailers. Touch option not available in 11” model.
(6) Up to 8:15 HD Video playback for the 11.6” notebook and up to 7.75 hours for the 13.3” notebook; up to 6:30 HD Video playback on the 14” notebook. Battery life tested by HP using continuous HD video playback, 720p (1280x720) resolution, 150 nits brightness, system audio level at 50%, player audio level at 100%, played from local storage, headphone attached, wireless off, auto dimming off, "PRISM power saving" un-checked in "Settings --> Display --> Brightness. Actual battery life will vary depending on configuration and maximum capacity will naturally decrease with time and usage).
(7) Availability of features varies by country. Streaming services may require a paid subscription. May not be compatible with all music files. Not compatible with DRM tracks. Internet access is required and not included.
(8) Availability of features varies by country and operating system. Supported on Android and Windows 8 & 8.1 operating systems. Syncs with Snapfish app, available on iOS and Android operating systems. Free Snapfish membership required. Internet service required and not included. Print ordering through Snapfish available for pick up at select retailers in the U.S. only.
(9) Supported on Android, Windows, and iOS operating systems. Internet service required and not included.
(10) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.