HP Introduces New Notebook Portfolio Powered by AMD
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today expanded its consumer and business notebook portfolios with 11 new models utilizing AMD’s latest VISION Technology for exceptional performance at an affordable price.
Powered by AMD’s A-series Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that combine leading-edge CPU cores and powerful discrete-graphics onto a single die of silicon, HP’s new notebooks offer solutions for consumers, small and midsize businesses (SMBs) and large corporations.
- The HP Pavilion dv-series ( Pavilion dv4, dv6 and dv7) provides the ultimate entertainment notebook experience and is equipped with innovative features such as HP CoolSense, HP True Vision HD webcam and HP Beats™ Audio (Pavilion metal dv6 and dv7). The dv-series also offers more than two times the graphics performance compared with previous-generation integrated graphics.(1)
- The HP Pavilion g-series ( Pavilion g4, g6 and g7) balances productivity with efficiency for ideal everyday performance. The addition of AMD technology provides rapid page loads, which can enable programs such as Internet Explorer 9(2) to run even faster.
- The HP ProBook b-series ( HP ProBook 6465b and ProBook 6565b), featuring AMD VISION Pro technology, offers enhanced security and increased performance, while sporting an attractive new tungsten-colored design with a bead-blasted aluminum display enclosure and smudge- and wear-resistant HP DuraFinish.
- The HP ProBook s-series (ProBook 4535s, 4435s and 4436s) combines a durable brushed-aluminum finish in a metallic gray color in addition to a touchpad with gesture support and an integrated high-definition (HD)(3) webcam.
“HP is dedicated to providing customers a choice when it comes to notebook computing,” said Ted Clark, senior vice president and general manager, Notebook Global Business Unit, Personal Systems Group, HP. “As the worldwide leader in notebook sales, HP continues to develop customizable, reliable and affordable PCs with innovative designs suited for on-the-go consumers to corporate road warriors.”
Powered by AMD Fusion APUs, the HP Pavilion dv- and g-series builds upon HP’s “MUSE“ consumer notebook design philosophy, while the HP ProBook b- and s-series furthers the company’s “ FORGE“ business notebook design framework.
AMD solutions for long-term value and performance
The new notebooks offer AMD A-series APUs, designed to deliver increased processing speed and visual performance with longer battery life.(4) For consumers, HP Pavilion dv- and g-series notebooks offer optional dual graphics, balancing performance with power needs by switching between single- and dual-graphics modes. AMD Image Enhance with AMD Perfect Picture HD(3) also automatically adjusts for dynamic color and contrast, making skin tones appear realistic and video smoother and more vivid.
Business productivity is improved with AMD VISION Pro Technology and AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics(5) on the ProBook s-series and UMA graphics on the ProBook b-series, enabling optimal multitasking for video-conferencing, web browsing and graphics-intensive applications. Additionally, AMD Turbo Core Technology balances performance and battery life for more efficient computing, while AMD AllDay™ Power allows for extended notebook runtime.(6)
“HP and AMD’s relationship continues to evolve as we collaboratively make strides to benefit customers through outstanding technology innovation and improved performance,” said Leslie Sobon, corporate vice president, Worldwide Marketing, AMD. “AMD Fusion APUs offer the perfect mix of power, performance and brilliant graphics to enable the next generation of digital experiences, while VISION Technology from AMD simplifies the PC purchasing experience.”
Pricing and availability
Pricing and availability varies. Not all models are available in all regions.
- The HP Pavilion dv6 starts at $599.99 and the Pavilion dv7 starts at $699.99. The Pavilion dv6 and dv7 are expected to be available in July.
- The HP Pavilion g4 starts at $449.99, the Pavilion g6 starts at $498 and the Pavilion g7 starts at $499. The HP Pavilion g-series is expected to be available in July.
- The HP ProBook b-series starts at $679. The HP ProBook b-series is expected to be available on June 27.
- The HP ProBook s-series starts at $519 and is expected to be available on June 27.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Based on 3DMark06 benchmarks using AMD A4 APU vs. Phenom N870 with integrated graphics with similar configuration.
(2) Internet access required and sold separately.
(3) HD content required to view HD images
(4) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See MobileMark07 battery benchmark www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007.
(5) AMD Radeon Dual Graphics requires an AMD “A” series APU plus an AMD Radeon discrete graphics configuration and is available on Windows® 7 Professional, Home Premium and/or Home Basic OS. With AMD Radeon Dual Graphics, full enablement of all discrete graphics video and display features may not be supported on all systems (for example, AMD Eyefinity technology is not supported and OpenGL applications will run on the APU).
(6) See MobileMark07 battery benchmark www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007.
AMD is a trademark or registered trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Windows is a U.S. registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2011 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.