HP Unveils Extraordinary Glass Design in New HP ENVY14 Spectre
Hong Kong, Apr. 20, 2012 – HP today revealed the HP ENVY14 Spectre, a premium consumer UltrabookTM PC that commands attention with its unparalleled use of glass and stunning performance.
Tough yet beautiful, the HP ENVY14 Spectre uses lightweight, scratch-resistant glass on the lid, display, palmrest and HP ImagePad – an industry first. With new advances in display engineering and chassis design to reduce the bezel thickness, the notebook fits a full 14-inch diagonal screen inside a 13.3-inch diagonal body, allowing users to greatly enjoy watching HD entertainment content, as well as the high mobility through its small form factor.
“Sleek, midnight black glass on the outside and stark contrast silver glass on the inside make Spectre extraordinary, and defies conventional notebook design,” said Nelson Lam, Senior Manager, Product Marketing, Personal Systems Group, HP Hong Kong. “We chose the Spectre name to evoke mystery, and we packed it with the best in entertainment technology to satisfy those who expect the unexpected.”
Designed like no other PC
The HP Spectre’s 14-inch high-definition (HD)(1) HP Radiance BrightView Infinity LED Display embedded into 13.3-inch diagonal body offers some of the industry’s highest resolution and richest color for better brightness and wider viewing angles than traditional notebook displays.
An HP Radiance Backlit keyboard provides outstanding illumination using individual LEDs dedicated to each keycap. The keyboard works with an advanced proximity sensor to intelligently sense a user’s presence, lighting up when a user approaches and dimming down after he or she leaves.
Equipped with a matching audio-grade speaker mesh and Beats Audio™, an exclusive, high-performance technology developed by HP and Beats™ by Dr. Dre, the HP Spectre boasts the Jogger Dial that acts as a visual design cue and works seamlessly with Beats Audio™ Manager to precisely adjust audio levels.
The HP Spectre is blazingly fast, stunningly sleek and boasts up to 9 hours of battery life.(2)
Powered by the latest Intel® Core™ i7-2677M processor(3), the 20-mm-thin HP Spectre weighs less than 1.8-kilos(4) and is equipped with an ultrafast 128GB mSata solid state drive(5). Intel® Rapid Start Technology also allows for quick boot and resume times.
The HP Spectre also comes loaded with HP exclusives, such as HP CoolSense Technology, which automatically adjusts performance and internal fan settings for a noticeably cooler PC. In addition, the HP ImagePad provides precise multifinger touch navigation and the HP TrueVision HD(1) Webcam provides brighter, cleaner HD images.
Eliminating the need for external dongles, the HP Spectre features a full array of advanced input and output options, including Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, HDMI and Mini DisplayPort.
Awarded for excellence
The HP Spectre is also the prestigious winner of the iF Product Design Award 2012, which ranks among the world’s most important design awards and represents the seal of approval for good design. A top-class specialist jury has bestowed the award on the HP Spectre for excellence across several criteria, including design quality, functionality, ergonomics and the degree in innovation.
Pricing and availability
The HP ENVY 14-3008TU Spectre UltrabookTM will be available from mid-April at HK$15,980.
Specifications of HP ENVY14-3008TU Spectre UltrabookTM (B0N99PA#AB5):
Intel® i7 Dual Core™ Processor i7-2677M(3) (1.8GHz)– Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 (Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz)
– Intel® Virtualization Technology
– Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
Intel® HM65 Chipset
4MB L3 Cache Memory
14’’ HP Radiance HD+ BrightView Infinity LED Display (1600 x 900)– support 16:9 optimized movie viewing format
– with HP TrueVision HD Webcam
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit (Traditional Chinese /Simplified Chinese/English), preloaded with Microsoft® Office Starter 2010(6), consisting of limited-functionality versions of Microsoft® Word Starter and Microsoft® Excel Starter and including advertising. Not including PowerPoint or Outlook
On-board 4GB DDR3 RAM (1 x 4GB) (7)
128GB SSD(5) (Solid-State Drive) Hard Disk
Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 3000
Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN, Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 802.11 a/g/n Wireless LAN, built-in Bluetooth module
HDMI, Mini DisplayPort, USB 3.0 x 1, USB 2.0 x 1, Headphone-out/Microphone-in Combo Jack
SD/MultiMediaCard Media Card Reader– 2 integrated speakers
– support Beats AudioTM and HP Wireless AudioTM
Extraordinary design with midnight black glass on the outside and stark contrast silver glass on the inside, equipped with HP Radiance Backlit keyboard and Jogger Dial to adjust volume level
4-cell Lithium-ion embedded battery(7), boasts up to 9 hours of battery life
327mm (W) x 221mm (D) x 20mm (H)
1-year international limited warranty(8)
Complimentary HDMI-VGA adapter cable and notebook case
Suggested retail price: HK$15,980
Extend your local warranty to the second and third year at HK$999(9)
For sales enquiry, please contact HP: 800-93-8833 or visit www.hp.com.hk(1) HD content required to view HD images.
(2) Battery life will vary depending on product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage.
(3) Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(4) Weight will vary by configuration.
(5) For SSD drive, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
(6) Microsoft Office Starter 2010, a new base productivity suite that replaces Microsoft Works, consists of limited-functionality versions of Word and Excel and includes advertising. It does not include PowerPoint or Outlook. Office Starter 2010 is available only on new PCs in conjunction with preloaded Office 2010 suites and is designed for home users who are not ready to buy a full version of Office 2010. It allows users to upgrade easily to a complete Office 2010 suite whenever they are ready.
(7) RAM and battery are built on-board, non accessible by user.
(8) Warranty supports international maintenance areas, depending on available local sales model.
(9) Customers are required to present the original purchase invoice and bar code with the product serial number at designated HP redemption centres.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.