HP Desktop Workstations
1. Each drive requires a PCIe x4 (minimum) slot to be available. Full performance is obtained only when using PCIe slots connected to the CPU. Non-CPU PCIe slots may see a decrease of up to 10%. Please see slot configuration recommendations at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/workstations/z-turbo-drive.html. Note that graphics cards, Thunderbolt™, and other devices will require PCIe slots.
2. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
3. Source: IDC WW WS Historical Tracker 2015Q2 – 08.05.15
4. Sold separately or as alternate features.
5. Some 3D graphics only available as AMO and are not available on small form factor configurations.
6. HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software requires Windows and an internet connection.
Z240 Tower and SFF Technical footnotes
1. Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com
2. This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 10 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
3. Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
4. For hard drives and solid state drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
5. Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
6. HD content required to view HD images.
7. Wireless cards are optional or add-on features and requires separately purchased wireless access point and internet service. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
8. Optional or add-on feature.
9. EPEAT® registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country.
10. External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
11. Intel Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
12. HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software requires Windows and an internet connection.