HP Unveils Retail Solutions to Drive Seamless Customer Engagement
NEW YORK — HP today expanded its market-leading retail solutions portfolio with an enhanced line of touch and non-touch digital signage displays (DSDs), a new line of value-priced displays and upgrades to its mobile and fixed point of sale (POS) solutions.
HP’s new digital signage displays benefit businesses looking to provide customer interaction. HP offers a broad range in size and price of digital signage displays from value displays to a 47-inch touch display.
Today’s announcements at the National Retail Federation (NRF) Convention & Expo include six new DSDs to help retailers increase customer engagement with interactive digital experiences, as well as additions to the HP RP7 Retail System which help retailers better service customers in the store.
HP also will be showcasing the HP MX10 Retail Solution,(1) which gives retailers the flexibility to better meet customers’ needs with the ability to transition between a mobile and fixed point-of-sale (POS) solution.
“Consumer expectations are rapidly changing as online and mobile shopping continues to grow,” said Ray Carlin, vice president and general manager, Retail Solutions, HP. “HP’s wide range of customizable solutions will help businesses of any size navigate this new retail environment and deliver a seamless customer experience.”
Compelling in-store digital communication
The new portfolio of DSDs has been redesigned with thin, light LED backlights and professional front-of-screen features with 178-degree viewing angles, so retailers can showcase their messages anywhere in the store. HP’s new line of performance, touch-enabled and value-priced displays help retailers improve the in-store experience and customer engagement with features like automated content updating and the ability to display content in multiple languages.
The new HP DSD portfolio includes:
- Touch-enabled displays: HP’s touchscreen DSDs—including the 42-inch diagonal HP LD4245tm and 47-inch diagonal HP LD4745tm—benefit businesses looking for a platform that provides increased interaction with customers. The displays also offer Full High-definition (FHD)(2) quality resolution and feature Integrated Infrared (IR) multitouch capabilities, adding another way for retailers to interact with customers in the store. Retailers also benefit from reduced power consumption and lower costs with mercury-free display backlights, low-halogen components(3) and arsenic-free display glass.
- Performance displays: HP’s high-end commercial-grade LED backlit displays—including the 42-inch diagonal HP LD4235 and 47-inch diagonal HP LD4735—provide retailers with reliable customer experiences that maximize engagement and efficiency through 24-hour operation. Professional-grade features—including networked management to enable efficient control by IT staff, lock-out features to prevent tampering, Video-over-Ethernet (VoE) for simplified cabling and a built-in basic USB media player—help retailers improve in-store ambience with minimal effort.
- Value-priced displays: HP’s value-priced LED backlit DSDs—including the 31.5-inch diagonal HP B321 and 42-inch diagonal HP B421—are fit for customers seeking essential features at a lower cost. Built for extended daily operation, these displays provide a slim, sleek design and value-added features include a built-in USB media player and streaming networked video support.
Pricing and availability(4)
- The HP LD4245tm and HP LD4745tm are expected to be available in North America, Asia Pacific and select Latin American countries in March, and in Europe, the Middle East and Africa in April. Pricing is available upon request.
- The HP LD4235 and the HP LD4735 are expected to be available in North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific in February. Pricing is available upon request.
- The HP B321 and HP B421 are expected to be available in North America and select countries in Latin America and Asia Pacific this month. Pricing is available upon request.
- The HP RP7 Retail System is available worldwide now. The Windows 8.1 Professional and Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry for HP RP7 Retail System, Model 7800 will be available at the end of January. Pricing is available upon request.
- The HP MX10 Retail Solution is expected to be available later this month. Pricing is available upon request.
HP’s new retail solutions will be demonstrated at booth No. 2439 at NRF in New York, today through Jan. 15.
(1) The integrated display resolution of this system is below the threshold for snapping apps, a new feature that allows two Windows apps to be viewed simultaneously side by side. This feature may be enabled by attaching an external display that supports a screen resolution of 1,366 x 768 or higher.
(2) Full High-definition (FHD) content is required to view HD images.
(3) External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not Low Halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be Low Halogen.
(4) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy and plans for future operations; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and that are otherwise described or updated from time to time in HP’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.