HP Introduces Asia Pacific’s First ePrint-Enabled and Web-Connected Printers for Business
ASIA PACIFIC, Singapore, Oct. 18, 2010 – Following the successful launch of its consumer ePrint enabled printers in June; HP today introduced the industry’s first ePrint-enabled and web-connected printers for businesses. The new line-up includes a broad portfolio of ePrint enabled printers that spans across Officejet, LaserJet and Designjet categories.
These printers provide customers with the freedom and convenience to print from any mobile device using HP’s ePrint technology. Leveraging the cloud, HP’s ePrint enables businesses to manage content and print quickly and securely by emailing their desired files – such as e-mails, work documents and images – directly to any ePrint-enabled HP printer with an Internet connection; eliminating the need to install drivers. With just an email address assigned to the printer, ePrint will work from any mobile device, including smartphones, laptops, and even the iPad.
“If you can email it, you can now print it,” said John Solomon, Senior Vice President Imaging and Printing Group Asia Pacific and Japan. “This opens up a new world of possibilities for businesses. And what’s more we are breaking the barriers for business acceleration with innovations that are truly industry first.”
An industry first, HP enabled two-way print through the cloud for businesses using HP Print Apps, creating an unparalleled web experience for business customers to access, manage, and share content from templates and stored documents. All this without a PC using HP print applications (1). The applications available in Asia include Google Docs, Box.net, Biztree. The company also announced its first local application - Yahoo!7 and Yahoo!Xtra for Australia and New Zealand respectively.
“We are focused on delivering more locally relevant applications for APJ. With the addition of HP ePrint technology and HP print apps to our HP Officejet, LaserJet and Designjet printers, we have innovations that will arm businesses to leverage the power of imaging and printing to accelerate their business for growth,” reiterated John Solomon. “All the new innovations and products launched today translate to businesses being able to better manage their flow of content."
Print Anywhere, Anytime Directly to Your HP ePrint-enabled Printers (18)
With the explosion of web-connected devices like smartphones, netbooks and iDevices, HP recognizes the increased need for intuitive solutions that make conducting business easier.
85% of smart phone users want to be able to print. Moreover, incremental pages from mobile devices will hit 12 billion pages by 2012.(17)
HP’s new portfolio of web-connected printers for business customers makes it easy to share information and ePrint(1) wherever business happens.
HP ePrint technology gives each HP printer an email address that allows direct printing to the office while on-the-go and convenient printing for clients or colleagues visiting the office—no drivers or software necessary.
HP takes customer privacy and security seriously, so each ePrint email address is unique and will never be distributed unless a customer provides it to others. This unique email address can also be reset at any time. Customers can also set a “white list” to ensure they only receive prints from a select list of email addresses.
Easy Access to Web Content Without a PC via HP Print Apps
HP Print Apps enable HP business customers to print web content without a PC. (1) These are accessible directly from the printer’s touchscreen display, enabling them to enjoy services such as:
- Google Docs for easy document scanning to the web for printing at a later time;
- Box.net to scan, share, manage and access business content online;
- Biztree for immediate access to business forms such as invoices, contracts, receipts, legal agreements and checklists. (2)
- Yahoo!7 (Australia) for easy access and printing of a wide range of news including world and national headlines and sports.
- Yahoo!Xtra (New Zealand) to stay up-to-date on news with world and local headlines —it's as easy as print, grab and go.
- Daily Brief (Australia and New Zealand) to collect and print regional and industry new articles, along with schedules from Yahoo! Calendar.
Additional information on the HP print apps is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter
HP Web-connected and ePrint-enabled Officejet Printers
- The HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One series allows small businesses to make their best impression with professional-quality color prints, marketing materials or other business documents for up to 50 percent lower cost per page and while using up 50 percent less energy than color laser printers.(2) The Officejet Pro 8500A is available in Asia Pacific at US$299(4) while the Officejet Pro 8500A Plus is available at US$399.
- The world’s first wide-format all-in-one device with web connectivity,(2) the HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One produces professional-quality color documents for the lowest cost per page compared with in-class, wide-format inkjet all-in-ones on a range of paper types and sizes.(5) The Officejet 7500A includes integrated wired and wireless networking for sharing with multiple PCs(1) and includes a 2.36-inch color touchscreen display. Available in Asia Pacific for US$299.(4)
- The wired and wireless(6,7) HP Officejet 6500A e-All-in-One series lets users produce laser-quality colour documents at a low cost per page, plus fax, copy and scan. The Officejet 6500A uses 40 percent less energy than comparable laser printers(9) and includes a 2.36-inch color touchscreen display. The Officejet 6500A is available in Asia Pacific at US$149.(4) while the Officejet 6500A plus is available at US$199.
“Our printer range offers a compelling solution for all business needs. With ePrint it offers an unmatched proposition to drive productivity and cost-efficiency for SMBs,” said Ng Tian Chong, Vice President, Imaging and Printing Group, Consumer, Inkjet and Web Solutions, Asia Pacific and Japan.
Additional information on HP’s entire portfolio of HP Officejet printers available at www.hp.com/officejetpro.
Game-Changing, World’s most Collaborative (11) Solutions for architecture, engineering, construction (AEC) industries and enterprises
HP has adapted its ePrint platform to meet the needs of the AEC market and enterprise businesses that require geographical information maps printouts, urban development print illustrations or other forms of large format technical drawings. For the first time, HP redefines the large-format printing experience for these professionals. The new solutions help teams collaborate across multiple locations, streamline processes and reduce costs.
- The industry’s first web-ready large-format printer with scan, print and copy functionality - the HP Designjet T2300 eMultifunction Printer (eMFP). Designed to match today’s collaborative and mobile work styles, the new system makes it easy to share and manage content with project members around the world.
- Mobility for customers with the HP ePrint & Share. This new online breakthrough application allows professionals to automatically create, print, share and manage project files online using desktop or mobile devices.(11)
Additional information about the world’s most collaborative (11) print solutions is available in a related news release.
LaserJet Printers with HP ePrint Technology Enable on-the-go Productivity and Greater Innovation for Businesses
By extending HP ePrint and business print apps capabilities across the LaserJet line, HP is giving business customers on-the-go access to content with the power of high-quality color printing and MFP versatility.
- The wired and wireless HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color MFP is the first HP LaserJet printer that prints from the web and mobile devices(12,13) and offers a 3.5-inch color touchscreen control panel that allows users to easily print, scan, copy and fax. Available in Asia Pacific for estimated street price of US$449.(4)(18)
- The HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf MFP is available in Asia Pacific for estimated street price of US$299.(4)(18)
- The HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer is the world’s smallest color laser printer (14) and one of the world’s most energy-efficient color laser printers.(15) available in Asia Pacific for US$229.(4)(18)
- The HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer - Enjoy simple user installation and quicker device set-up with this wireless, HP e-Print-enabled LaserJet printer. Available in Asia Pacific for US$299.(4)(18)
- The HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CM4540 Multifunction Printer - Easily print to this HP ePrint-enabled MFP while away from your desk—and stay productive on the go. The series is available in Asia Pacific for US$3,799 to US$5,549.(4)(18)
- The HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP5520 Printer - Experience powerful, large- volume, professional quality color printing wit this HP ePrint-enabled printer series. Available in Asia Pacific for US$2,499 to US$4,399.(4)(18)
Businesses also can use the integrated wired and wireless networking to share these web-connected all-in-ones with multiple PCs. With Original HP Officejet inks and ColorLok office papers, businesses can create high-impact prints with vivid fade- and water-resistant results.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com
(1) Requires an internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any internet- and email-capable device. Details at www.hp.com/go/ePrintcenter
(2) Based on an HP assessment of the laserjet and inkjet printer markets in August, 2010. For more information, visit www.hp.com.
(3) Most industry-leading color laser all-in-ones less than US$600, March 2010; details at www.hp.com/go/officejet. HP Officejet Pro ISO yield with highest-capacity cartridges based on continuous printing; details at www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
(4) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices and available models may vary bycountry.
(5) Letter cost per page comparisons for B-size inkjet all-in-ones with fax less than US$300 from major vendors as of March 2010. Details at www.hp.com/go/officejet. HP Officejet ISO yield with highest-capacity cartridges based on continuous printing. Details at www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
(6) Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(7) Available only in the HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One.
(8) Compared to inkjet all-in-ones with fax less than US$200 from major vendors as of March 2010. Details at www.hp.com/go/officejet. Excludes HP Officejet Pro All-in-Ones. HP Officejet CPP based on ISO yield of products offered as of September 2010 with highest-capacity cartridges based on continuous printing. Details at www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
(9) Most industry-leading color laser all-in-ones less than US$600, March 2010; details at www.hp.com/go/officejet. Energy use based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR program’s TEC test method criteria.
(10) Internet connection is needed.
(11) Upgradeable functionality will be available in 2011. May require an internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any internet- and email-capable device. Details at www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter
(12) May require an internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any internet- and e-mail-capable device and requires a firmware upgrade. Details at www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
(13) Requires an internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. Apps availability varies by country and requires a firmware upgrade. Details at www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
(14) Based on personal color printers as defined by IDC and shipping as of June 2010 as measured by volume (WXDXH) using manufacturers’ specifications or as measured by operational “A4” size.
(15) Energy consumed based on competitive TEC measurement results found at energystar.gov and eu-energystar.org for single-function color laser printers as of June 2010. TEC based on mono pages in mono print speed. Individual product configuration and usage will affect power consumption.
(17) HP Internal Analysis
(18) All the printer SKUs we have launched today come with ePrint capability. The first printers that will feature this new technology are now available for purchase; however ePrint and Business Apps will not be immediately functional. There will be a short delay as HP is putting the finishing touches on ensuring an outstanding customer experience on these new solutions. The schedule of availability is as follows:-
- ePrint will be functional from December 2010 on HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color MFP, HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf MFP, HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer
- ePrint will be functional from February 2011 on HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer, HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CM4540 Multifunction Printer, HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP5520 Printer
ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government.
This news advisory contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2009. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2010 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be constructed as constructing an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.