HP Connected Backup
HP LTO-4 Ultrium storage media
HP Ultrium tape technology has been designed to deliver exceptional reliability and performance at the lowest cost per GB. The Ultrium format builds on the best of existing technologies; open standards increase innovation and widen customer choice in terms of performance, capacity, and form factor. Backed by HP’s exhaustive media qualification process, HP Ultrium data cartridges support all HP and non-HP Ultrium tape devices.
|Product||Must be ordered from HP in multiples of||Compressed Capacity*||Part Number|
|HP LTO-4 Ultrium 1.6 TB Data Cartridge||20||1.6 TB||HP C7974A|
|HP LTO-4 Ultrium 1.6 TB Eco Case Data Cartridge (5 pack)||4||1.6 TB||HP C7974AG|
|HP LTO-4 Ultrium 1.6 TB 20 pk. Min Ord = 100 Cartridges Custom Labelled Data Cartridge||5**||1.6 TB||HP C7974AL|
|HP LTO-4 Ultrium 1.6 TB RW Eco Pack Custom Labelled Data Cartridge (20 pk. Min Ord = 100 Cartridges)||5**||1.6 TB||HP C7974AC|
|HP LTO-4 Ultrium 1.6 TB RW Eco Pack Unlabelled Data Cartridge (20 pk. Min Ord = 100 Cartridges)||5**||1.6 TB||HP C7974AH|
|HP LTO-4 Ultrium 1.6 TB RW Non-Custom Labelled Data Cartridge (20 pack)||1||1.6 TB||HP C7974AN|
|HP LTO-4 Ultrium 1.6 TB RW RFID Custom Labelled Data Cartridge (20 pk. Min Ord = 100 Cartridges)||5**||1.6 TB||HP C7974AF|
|HP LTO-4 Ultrium 1.6 TB RW RFID Non-Custom Labelled Data Cartridge (20 pack)||1||1.6 TB||HP C7974AJ|
|HP LTO-4 Ultrium 1.6 TB RW RFID Eco Pack Custom Labelled Data Cartridge (20 pk. Min Ord = 100 Cartridges)||5**||1.6 TB||HP C7974AK|
|HP LTO-4 Ultrium 1.6 TB WORM Data Cartridge||20||1.6 TB||HP C7974W|
|HP LTO-4 Ultrium 1.6 TB WORM Custom Labelled Data Cartridge (20 pk. Min Ord = 100 Cartridges)||5**||1.6 TB||HP C7974WL|
**Minimum order quantity 100 units, must be ordered in multiples of 20 eg: 100, 120, 140, 160 units.
- High performance, high capacity, low cost
- 4th generation HP LTO-4 Ultrium 1.6 TB Data Cartridges combine high capacity, low cost per GB and AES-256 encyption, reinforced by the HP Brand specification – the industry’s most demanding media quality standard. New basefilm and coating technology has increased the bit density of the media, allowing more data to be saved in the same physical space. With 896 data tracks compared to only 704 tracks for LTO-3, the capacity of the tape has doubled.
- LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring.
- First time restore ensured with fewer media failures and disrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmental conditions.
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing. Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear and build up of and debris (important in automation).
- HP brand qualification test procedures (load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing) go far beyond what is required for the LTO Ultrium logo. This ensures maximum reliability for restoring your data.
- HP warrants LTO Ultrium cartridges for up to 30 years archival life and/or 260 full backups. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving.
- Write-Once-Read-Many (WORM) version provides tamperproof, compliant data storage.
- Data encryption for enhanced data security.
- Standardizing on HP LTO-4 delivers the capacity to meet shrinking backup windows, industry-standard, AES 256-bit encryption (IEEE1619.1), and interchangeable RW or WORM media; without extra space or IT resource overhead.
- Open standard technology ensures compatibility across product generations and gives you more choice. LTO-4 cartridges are available as non-labeled, Custom Labeled, Non-Custom Labeled, RFID labeled and Eco Case versions to fit with your data centre management criteria.