HP Connected Backup
HP LTO-6 Ultrium storage media
With new LTO-6, HP is marking a new landmark in fast, reliable and cost-effective backup and archiving – 6.25 TB compressed capacity per cartridge and over 1.4 TB/hour transfer rate performance.
The LTO-6 Ultrium format builds on the best of existing technologies to increase innovation and widen customer choice.
Available in two versions, advanced Metal Particle and Barium Ferrite, and backed by HP’s exhaustive media qualification process, HP LTO-6 Ultrium data cartridges support all HP and non-HP Ultrium tape devices.
|Product||Must be ordered from HP in multiples of||Compressed Capacity*||Part Number|
|HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25 TB MP RW Data Cartridge||20||6.25 TB||C7976A|
|HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25 TB MP RW Custom Labelled Data Cartridge (20 pk. Min Ord = 100 Cartridges)||5||6.25 TB||C7976AL|
|HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25 TB MP RW Non-Custom Labelled Data Cartridge (20 pack)||1||6.25 TB||C7976AN|
|HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25 TB BaFe RW Data Cartridge||1||6.25 TB||C7976B|
|HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6.25 TB BaFe RW Non-Custom Labelled Data Cartridge (20 pack)||1||6.25 TB||C7976BN|
- Up to 6.25 TB compressed capacity on HP and non-HP LTO-6 devices.
- Supportfor transfer speeds of 160 MB/s (native), 400 MB/s (2.5:1)
- Two different media options: Metal Particle (MP) and Barium Ferrite (BaFe)..
- Unique colored cartridges to assist with identification in mixed media environments.
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing (a key weakness of DLT media). Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Very low media cost per GB.
- Increased LTO cartridge memory in media to improve access time and provide enhanced media monitoring.
- HP LTO-6 offers data encryption for enhanced data security - granted FIPS140-2 Level 1 certification
- LTO-6 cartridges are available in non-labeled, Custom Labeled and Non-Custom Labeled variants.All labeled solutions are shipped in 20 packs.