Expand your power
HP Z420 Workstation
Performance you want. Value you need. The HP Z420 gives you professional expandability in an accessible, tool-free mini-tower form factor—all at a great price. With up to 8 discrete processing cores, the latest processing and I/O power from Intel®, and the latest graphics technology from leading graphics providers, the HP Z420 has the power you need to get the job done.
Move data faster than ever.12
of 1866MHz DDR3 memory6
Intel® Xeon® processors
HP Z420 Workstation
Designed with ease.
Enjoy the control that comes with being able to swap out parts or make upgrades on your own. The HP Z420 Workstation features a smart chassis that offers tool-less access to the inside, easy configurability, and an optional handle for seamless deployment. And with optional liquid cooling designed to deliver whisper-quiet performance, the HP Z420 is built to make your work flow more smoothly.
Enjoy superb performance.
Achieve the highest performance available in a single-processor personal workstation. The HP Z420 Workstation offers your choice of Intel® Xeon® E5-1600 and E5-2600 series processors—with base clock frequencies of up to 3.6GHz and the new Intel® C602 chipset. Delivering support for up to 8 cores of processing power, the HP Z420 never slows you down. And thanks to Thunderbolt™ technology, you'll transfer data at lightning-fast speeds with the ability to connect to high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices over a single Thunderbolt™ cable.
Never compromise on graphics.
Built to support next generation PCIe Gen3 graphics, the HP Z420 currently offers a breadth of AMD and NVIDIA® professional graphics cards from Pro 2D to high-end 3D, up to the NVIDIA® Quadro® 6000. With a 600W, 90% efficient power supply and support for up to 8 HP Performance Displays, the HP Z420 can maximize your productivity with the freedom of seeing and doing more all at once.
Get the power to realize your vision with the new family of NVIDIA Quadro® K-series professional graphics featuring NVIDIA’s most powerful GPU architecture ever—NVIDIA® Kepler.™ Whether you’re creating revolutionary products or telling spectacularly vivid visual stories, Quadro® helps you do it better and faster. Offering support for up to 8 independent displays and robust OpenGL support, NVIDIA® graphics are fully certified and optimized with industry-leading applications from AutoDesk, Solidworks, Adobe®, and many others. Plus, with the NVIDIA® Tesla K20c as part of NVIDIA’s Maximus solution, the HP Z420 can efficiently fill your high-performance GPU computing needs.
Boost productivity with the serious power and performance of AMD FirePro™ professional graphics cards for the HP Z420 Workstation. Featuring extensive application certifications, support for up to 6 independent displays, and HP-qualified professional graphics drivers with full OpenGL and DirectX support, AMD FirePro™ cards are specifically built for outstanding performance. To maximize graphics performance, the HP Z420 is ready to support the next generation PCIe Gen3 graphics cards from AMD when they become available.
Screen images courtesy of Autodesk
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
NVIDIA is a trademark of NVIDIA Corporation
*This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware and/or a DVD drive to install the Windows 7 software and take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. See microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
**Positions #1 and #2 only.
- Multi-Core technologies are designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefits; Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of these technologies.
- 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See intel.com/info/em64t for more information.
- Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Although the Intel Xeon E5-2600 processor family supports dual processors, the HP Z420 Workstation does not support dual processor configurations.
- The specifications shown in this in this column represent the following: (all core maximum turbo steps, one core maximum turbo steps). Turbo boost stepping occurs in 100MHz increments. Processors that do not have turbo functionality are denoted as N/A. Intel® Turbo Boost technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel® Turbo Boost capability. Intel® Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Please visit intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information. NOTE: Although the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 family supports dual processors, the HP Z420 Workstation does not support dual configurations.
- Each processor supports up to 4 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel.
- SATA hardware RAID is not supported on Linux systems. The Linux kernel, with built-in software RAID, provides excellent functionality and performance. It is a good alternative to hardware-based RAID. Please visit h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00060684/c00060684.pdf for RAID capabilities with Linux.
- For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less.
- Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright protected materials. Intended for creation and storage of your original material and other lawful uses. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6 GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media.
- As Blu-ray contains new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD movies cannot be played on this workstation.
- HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at www.hp.com/go/lookuptool Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at www.hp.com/go/carepack. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.
- Thunderbolt is new technology. Install all the latest drivers for your Thunderbolt device before connecting to the Thunderbolt port. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.