Versatility redefined, still compact
HP Z620 Workstation
More versatile than ever before. The HP Z620 Workstation delivers four times the memory capacity of the previous generation, a larger power supply, and support for single- or dual-socket processor configurations. With up to 24 discrete processor cores, the HP Z620 packs a ton of computing and visualization power into a quiet, compact footprint.
Move data faster than ever.12
of 1866MHz DDR3 memory6
Intel® Xeon® processors
HP Z620 Workstation
Big possibilities. Compact form factor.
With its innovative design, the HP Z620 Workstation gives you a near-silent computing solution in a form factor that’s a perfect fit for space-constrained environments. And for easy servicing and upgrades, it features a completely tool-less chassis with integrated handles and a tool-free power supply.
The performance you demand.
Get massive system performance with a small footprint. The HP Z620 features the next evolution in processor technology and system architecture, setting the standard for versatility with support for a single Intel® E5-1600 Series Xeon® processor or dual Intel® E5-2600 Series Xeon® processors. Now with up to 16 cores, the HP Z620 powerhouse supports a full range of processors to help you get more done every minute. And thanks to Thunderbolt™ technology, you'll transfer data at lightning-fast speeds with the ability to connect to high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices over a single Thunderbolt™ cable.
Brings your ideas to life faster.
The HP Z620 is designed to support next-generation PCI express Gen3 graphics technology that doubles the bandwidth in and out of the card. The HP Z620 offers a huge variety of professional graphics from NVIDIA® and AMD—from Pro 2D to Extreme 3D. With an 800W 90% efficient power supply and support for up to eight displays, the HP Z620 gives you the freedom of doing and seeing more.
Get the power to realize your vision with the new family of NVIDIA® Quadro® K-series professional graphics featuring NVIDIA’s most powerful GPU architecture ever—NVIDIA® Kepler.™ Whether you’re creating revolutionary products or telling spectacularly vivid visual stories, Quadro® helps you do it better and faster. Offering support for up to eight independent displays and robust OpenGL support, NVIDIA® graphics are fully certified and optimized with industry-leading applications from AutoDesk, Solidworks, Adobe® and many others. The HP Z620 offers an expanded portfolio of NVIDIA graphics solutions over its predecessor. And for the first time in its product category, the HP Z620 can fill your high-performance GPU computing needs with the NVIDIA® Tesla C2075 as part of NVIDIA's Maximus solution.
Boost productivity with the serious power and performance of AMD FirePro™ professional graphics cards for the HP Z620 Workstation. Featuring extensive application certifications, support for up to eight independent displays, and HP qualified professional graphics drivers with full OpenGL and DirectX support, AMD FirePro™ cards are specifically built for outstanding performance. To maximize graphics performance, the HP Z620 is ready to support the next generation PCIe Gen3 graphics cards from AMD when they become available.
Screen images courtesy of Autodesk
2013 © Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
NVIDIA is a trademark of NVIDIA Corporation
*This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware and/or a DVD drive to install the Windows 7 software and take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. See microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
- Multi-Core technologies are designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefits; Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of these technologies.
- 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See intel.com/info/em64t for more information. NOTE: Z620 systems configured with E5-1600 series or E5-1600 v2 series processors may not add a 2nd processor. To support two processors, E5-2600 series or E5-2600 v2 series must be chosen.
- Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Z620 systems configured with E5-1600 series processors may not add a 2nd processor. To support two processors, E5-2600 series processor must be chosen.
- The specifications shown in this in this column represent the following: (all core maximum turbo steps, one core maximum turbo steps). Turbo boost stepping occurs in 100MHz increments. Processors that do not have turbo functionality are denoted as N/A. Intel® Turbo Boost technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel® Turbo Boost capability. Intel® Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Please visit intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
- Each processor supports up to 4 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel.
- SATA hardware RAID is not supported on Linux systems. The Linux kernel, with built-in software RAID, provides excellent functionality and performance. It is a good alternative to hardware-based RAID. Please visit h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00060684/c00060684.pdf for RAID capabilities with Linux.
- For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less.
- Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright protected materials. Intended for creation and storage of your original material and other lawful uses. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6 GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media.
- As Blu-ray contains new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD movies cannot be played on this workstation.
- HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at www.hp.com/go/lookuptool. Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at www.hp.com/go/carepack. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.
- Thunderbolt is new technology. Install all the latest drivers for your Thunderbolt device before connecting to the Thunderbolt port. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.