Ultimate performance for ultimate projects
HP Z820 Workstation
Built for high-end computing and visualization. The dual-processor HP Z820 Workstation delivers outstanding performance, award-winning industrial design, and tool-free serviceability in the industry's most expandable chassis. With next-generation Intel® Xeon® processors, support for up to 16 processing cores, and the latest professional graphics, you'll tackle even the most demanding projects like never before.
Move data faster than ever.12
of high-performance storage7
of 1866MHz DDR3 memory5
Intel® Xeon® processors
HP Z820 Workstation
Unmatched design. Inside and out.
With its expandable design, the HP Z820 Workstation gives you the confidence to produce your best work. Designed for a wide-range of needs, the HP Z820 offers enhanced tool-free access and unbelievable power at whisper-quiet levels. The result is unparalleled design power in a system that is sleek and uncluttered—inside and out.
Multitasking made easy
The HP Z820 Workstation employs a variety of Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 processors that enable next-generation PCI Express technology. With support for two processors, the HP Z820 can operate with up to 16 processing cores, delivering ultimate performance to help you accomplish more every minute. Featuring the C600 series chipset, LSI SAS 2308 controller, and dual Quick Path Interconnects between the processors, the two work together to help you work more effectively than ever before. And thanks to Thunderbolt™ technology, you'll transfer data at lightning-fast speeds with the ability to connect to high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices over a single Thunderbolt™ cable.
Ultra-powerful visuals and high-performance computing
Built to support next generation PCIe Gen3 graphics from AMD and NVIDIA,® the HP Z820 Workstation currently offers a wide range of cards from Pro 2D to ultra high-end 3D graphics to get the job done. With dual graphics processor support, the HP Z820 can drive up to eight displays, giving you the power and space you need to multitask like a pro. Plus, get the highest performing GPU computing solutions available in the Z family, like NVIDIA's Maximus, on the HP Z820.
Get the power to realize your vision with the new family of NVIDIA® Quadro® K-series professional graphics featuring NVIDIA’s most powerful GPU architecture ever—NVIDIA® Kepler.™ Whether you're creating revolutionary products or telling spectacularly vivid visual stories, Quadro® helps you do it better and faster. Offering support for up to eight displays and robust OpenGL support, NVIDIA® graphics are fully certified and optimized with industry-leading applications from AutoDesk, Solidworks, Adobe,® and many others for enhanced performance and reliability. The HP Z820 offers the widest assortment of NVIDIA® graphic solutions of any of our Z workstation family lineup. And for your truly intensive GPU computing needs, the HP Z820 supports dual NVIDIA® Tesla C2075 cards as part of NVIDIA’s Maximus solution to deliver incredible productivity right to your desktop.
Boost productivity with the serious power and performance of AMD FirePro™ professional graphics cards for the HP Z820 Workstation. Featuring extensive application certifications, support for up to eight independent displays, and HP qualified professional graphics drivers with full OpenGL and DirectX support, AMD FirePro™ cards are specifically built for outstanding performance. To maximize graphics performance, the HP Z820 is ready to support the next-generation PCIe Gen3 graphics cards from AMD when they become available.
2013 © Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
NVIDIA is a trademark of NVIDIA Corporation
*This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware and/or a DVD drive to install the Windows 7 software and take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. See microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
- Multi-Core technologies are designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefits; Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of these technologies.
- 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See intel.com/info/em64t for more information.
- Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- The specifications shown in this in this column represent the following: (all core maximum turbo steps, one core maximum turbo steps). Turbo boost stepping occurs in 100MHz increments. Processors that do not have turbo functionality are denoted as N/A. NOTE: Turbo [all core, 1C] Ex. 2.9 GHz [4, 9] turbo is 8C turbo to 3.3, 1C turbo to 3.8. Intel® Turbo Boost technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel® Turbo Boost capability. Intel® Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Please visit intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
- Each processor supports up to 4 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel.
- SATA hardware RAID is not supported on Linux systems. The Linux kernel, with built-in software RAID, provides excellent functionality and performance. It is a good alternative to hardware-based RAID. Please visit h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00060684/c00060684.pdf for RAID capabilities with Linux.
- For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less.
- Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright protected materials. Intended for creation and storage of your original material and other lawful uses. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6 GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media.
- As Blu-ray contains new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD movies cannot be played on this workstation.
- NVIDIA Tesla C2075 requires the 1125W power supply
- HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at www.hp.com/go/lookuptool. Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at www.hp.com/go/carepack. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.
- Thunderbolt is new technology. Install all the latest drivers for your Thunderbolt device before connecting to the Thunderbolt port. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products.