MoD Signs Agreement With HP to Boost Operational Efficiency and Performance
SWINDON, UK, June 28, 2012 – HP Enterprise Services announced today that the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a three year contract for support, solutions and maintenance. In a landmark deal worth $21 million, HP will continue to provide the highest levels of IT operational performance and efficiency across the MoD.
The MoD is the UK government department responsible for implementing government defence policy. It also manages the day-to-day running of the armed forces, contingency planning and defence procurement.
“HP will help the MoD meet our commitments to government efficiency while minimising complexity,” says Paul Beavin, Head of ICT Procurement team MoD. ”For the first time, the British Armed Forces - the Royal Navy, the British Army and the Royal Air Force - can rely on a consistent and transparent level of support for IT assets in the UK and at overseas bases. This contract has been adopted as a model by the Government Procurement Service, part of the Cabinet Office’s Efficiency and Reform Group, so could be used for other government departments.”
HP’s new contract with the MoD includes core service areas, with the facility to incorporate additional bespoke and ad-hoc services. Core service areas cover:
• Hardware Break-Fix, which ensures rapid repair or replacement of the MoD’s IT equipment, with higher levels of support for business critical requirements.
• Bespoke software support to ensure complete operational continuity for the MoD’s desktop and data center environments.
• 24 x 7 UK Call Centre support for rapid problem resolution.
• Hardware refurbishment, redeployment, disposal and recycling, with secure collection and transportation for minimum environmental impact.
• Asset maintenance, management of the IT asset database and asset reporting to optimise total cost of ownership.
• Computer room environment management, with preventative and remedial support for the MoD’s data center environments for maximum system availability.
HP has consistently delivered reliability and availability for the MoD’s IT environment for over ten years, and will continue to do so for the next three years, with the option to extend the term for a further two years. Currently HP supports over 200,000 of the MoD’s personal computers, office equipment and telecommunications assets with repair, maintenance and associated services.
“This new pan-government enabling contract is set to be a model for future engagement with the public sector,” says Melanie McGrory, Account Executive, HP Enterprise Services. “It reflects HP’s experience in managing some of the world’s most complex, multi-sourced environments.”
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.