HP Security claims for business printing, scanning and HP Elite PCs
This website provides documentation supporting security claims for HP products and services.
For The Wolf films:
- "Less than 2% of printers are secure" message based on HP internal global market sizing data divided by HP shipments as of December 2016 of Enterprise-class printers and MFP’s priced €599 and above that uniquely include (or could be upgraded) with a combination of security features for integrity checking down to the BIOS with self-healing capabilities. For more information about HP’s unique printing security, select a link on the right
- “World's most secure printing" claim is based on HP review of 2017 published security features of competitive in-class printers. Only HP offers a combination of security features that can monitor to detect and automatically stop an attack then self-validate software integrity in a reboot. For a list of printers, visit: www.hp.com/go/PrintersThatProtect. For more information: select a link on the right.
- "World's most secure PCs" claim is based on HP’s unique and comprehensive security capabilities at no additional cost among vendors with >1M unit annual sales as of November 2016 on HP Elite PCs with 7th Gen and higher Intel® Core® Processors, Intel® integrated graphics, and Intel® WLAN.
- “World's most secure scanning" claim is based on an HP review of 2017 published security features of competitive in-class enterprise scanners. Only HP offers a combination of security features that can monitor to detect and automatically stop an attack then self-validate software integrity in a reboot.
- "Last year, over 4 billion data records were exposed worldwide” stat based on The 2016 Year End Data Breach QuickView report by RiskBased Security, January 2017.
Refer to the pdf files on the right side of this page for the summary of claims and substantiation.
To learn more about secure printing from HP visit www.hp.com/go/ReinventSecurity
To learn more about secure PC's visit www.hp.com/go/ComputerSecurity