Effective July 1, 2015 it is no longer possible for corporate* customers to sign a new Select Plus agreement. This is due to the expansion of Microsoft’s Products and Services Agreement (MPSA). The MPSA will in time replace all current Microsoft Volume Licensing offerings.
Existing corporate customers can migrate to MPSA on the same price levels you enjoy under Select Plus. This allows you to make the most of your current Select Plus investment, while enjoying the new features and benefits of MPSA.
*Plans for Government and Educational customers are still to be made public.
To remind you, the key dates for the retirement of Select Plus are
- July 1, 2015: from this date onwards it is no longer possible to sign new Select Plus agreements.
- July 1 2016: from this date onwards it will not be possible to place new orders under existing Select Plus agreements.
The MPSA is currently available in all countries worldwide (with the exception of People’s Republic of China, India and Turkey). For the countries in which MPSA is not available from July 2015, the Select Plus retirement date will be 90 days after availability of the new program.
MPSA is by now a well-established member of Microsoft's Volume Licensing Program family. Since its inception in December 2013, several launches have brought improvements in product availability, geographic reach and value proposition.
The MPSA is designed around three core principles:
- Simple and flexible agreement structure to fit customers’ purchasing requirements
- Transactional purchasing of on-premise and online products with multiple coverage and payment options
- A brand new portal to view and manage licenses and services
What you need to know about MPSA’s Agreement Structure.
What you need to know about MPSA’s Products and Purchasing Options.
What you need to know about MPSA’s brand new portal – Microsoft Business Center.
To learn more, view our MPSA At-a-glance.
Key benefits of MPSA:
- The agreement signature process is quick and easy
- The price level that applies to the MPSA agreement is based on both Online Services and On-premise license purchases, providing better value than Select Plus for customers who purchase both license types
- The new portal allows customers to easily view and manage users, licensing entitlements and Software Assurance (SA) benefits
Q. What happens to the licenses and Software Assurance Benefits (SABs) purchased under my current Select Plus?:
A. Your use and access to existing licenses and SABs will not be affected by the retirement of Select Plus.
Q. When is the best time to switch to MPSA?
A. You can switch to MPSA at any time. The price level of an active Select Plus can be applied to your new MPSA, and will remain active for the first 12 months of the new agreement
Q. Is MPSA available for Government and Educational customers?:
A. Yes, MPSA is available to Commercial, Government and Education customers.
As a Microsoft-designated Licensing Solutions Provider (LSP), Enterprise Direct Advisor, Authorized Government Reseller, Academic Reseller, and SPLA Reseller, HPE provides a global sales channel for Microsoft’s Volume Licensing Programs and Full Package Products. Check out our Microsoft licensing comparison chart and contact us for all your Microsoft licensing needs. If you have any questions please contact your local HPE SLMS Sales Specialist for support.